Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How can I detect if HDMI monitor is on and resolution when connected to Intel Compute Stick?

Running an Intel Compute Stick (ICS) using Windows 10. Is there a way to programmatically detect if the HDMI monitor is turned on? Can I determine the connected resolution and change it (or force it) to 1080 if needed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello rworner,

Thank you for reaching the Intel(R) Communities. I understand you would like to check if there is a way to confirm if the HDMI monitor is on or not. We can certainly get into that to find a possible answer.

Let me gather up some data to have a clearer understanding of the scenario faced.

• Are you trying to set up a system for a remote control?
  • Is there a specific reason why you would like to get that done?
  • The resolution to be used depends on the monitor's capabilities
  • May I have the brand and model of the monitor used to check if that resolution can be done?

Thank you,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

We have been using the Intel Compute Sticks to push operational updates to monitors located in employee work locations. We are using Samsung DM65e commercial grade monitors/TVs.

In some cases the screens default to a 720 resolution instead of the typical 1080 resolution which skews the displayed content. So I am trying to see if there is a programmatic way to force the resolution to 1080.

Secondly I have another project using the same internal infrastructure where the customer wants to know if the monitors are turned on or off. I believe they are wanting to implement an energy saving feature and are looking to confirm that it is working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I found https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/6gsz5j/set_windows_10_display_resolution_via_script/?st=j... this reddit thread which has a whole bunch of suggestions that might be helpful to you.

In Linux I used xrandr to achieve something similar.

In regards to your other project, what you might be looking for is HDMI-CEC, which is not currently supported.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

rworner,

This is to do a follow up on your case and find out if you require further support about this matter.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos