Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

How can I set the sketch arduino auto run in galileo when start up?

Hello guys,, i have problem with my intel galileo gen 1...

Thats cannot run program automatically when plug on to the electricty like arduino...

Please your help, what should i do, thankyou

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I
1 View

Re: How can I set the sketch arduino auto run in galileo when start up?

Radikia_Cuber wrote:

Hello guys,, i have problem with my intel galileo gen 1...

Thats cannot run program automatically when plug on to the electricty like arduino...

Please your help, what should i do, thankyou

If that's a sketch, then it should run when you start the Intel Galileo using the corresponding SD card. If you are using the Intel Galileo without SD card, then your sketch is not persistent, the Intel Galileo does not flash sketches in its own flash, but in a SD card when used with one, of course.

HTH,

Fernando.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

Thx for the reply,, I had try put my .ino file in the sd card and put my sd card in galileo,, but the program (.ino file) not run automatically when i plug on to the electrcty... is there another way?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I
1 View

Hi,

Radikia_Cuber wrote:

Thx for the reply,, I had try put my .ino file in the sd card and put my sd card in galileo,, but the program (.ino file) not run automatically when i plug on to the electrcty... is there another way?

This is not the way it should be made, the .ino do not have to be "put" in the SD. You should boot with the yocto Linux provided by Intel in an SD, then upload your sketch, and it starts every time the Intel Galileo starts with the SD.

HTH,

Fernando.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

Ok,, thankyou.. that's work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

I have some problem,, after I boot with the yocto Linux provided by Intel in my galileo that can make the sketch auto run when startup.

But sometimes that make after i upload a sketch, the sketch cannot run? why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I
1 View

Please describe as thoroughly as possible the "sometimes", including

a) First time? i.e. as soon as it is uploaded from the IDE

b) First time your Intel Galileo boots after the sketch has been uploaded?

c) What is the hardware and software (e.g. libraries) your sketch uses? Can you post the sketch?

and other similar details,

BR,

Fernando.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

First, i download the image from intel web and follow the instruction

Until i finish booting use sd card in galileo, i upload a simple sketch like this;

# include

LiquidCrystal lcd(7,6,2,3,4,5);

void setup() {

lcd.begin(16, 2);

}

void loop() {

lcd.setCursor(0,0);

lcd.print(" nnnn");

lcd.setCursor(0,1);

lcd.print(" nnnnnnnnnn ");

}

That can auto run when startup, but when i upload a long program until the size of the sketch is 42 KB, the sketch cannot run....

Then i try plug off the sd card, i upload that 42 KB sketch without the sd card, the program can run

What happen ? if we use boot in sd card we cannot upload a big size sketch ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I
1 View

Radikia_Cuber wrote:

...but when i upload a long program until the size of the sketch is 42 KB, the sketch cannot run....

Then i try plug off the sd card, i upload that 42 KB sketch without the sd card, the program can run

What happen ? if we use boot in sd card we cannot upload a big size sketch ??

Does the upload phase of the 42KB sketch end successful? Does the 42KB sketch run the first time it is uploaded (i.e. before you turn off the Intel Galileo)?

If either some or both of the previous questions have "no" as answer, then the sketch never runs, actually, and maybe there is either some problem in the upload process or the sketch itself has a bug... Maybe your best choice is to reduce the sketch (by reducing funtionality, maybe...) and verify up to the point in which the sketch runs fine.

If the answer to both questions above is "yes", then I think there is a bug in the yocto Linux startup process, which should be fixed by Intel people.

HTH,

Fernando.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

My 42KB sketch uploading proccess is successful,, but does'nt run...

Ok,, thankyou FGT.

I will try your suggestion

0 Kudos