Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How can I switch on AP mode on intel edison without password ?

Jump to solution

I have setup an AP mode on my Intel Edison board and I am able to connect it's WiFi network on my mobile by entering it's passcode.

How can I remove this passcode so that I can connect to Intel Edison WiFi network without any passcode on my mobile ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hello rajeshyeole,

Unfortunately if you want to use the AP mode on Edison you must set up a password, in case a password is not set, then the default password is the module's serial number.

This is configured in hostapd.conf which can be found in /etc/hostapd/, nevertheless I'm not sure if it can be changed, but it looks quite challenging since the hostapd.conf file is very extensive and complicated. However I invite you to try and if you manage to do it, please share it with the community, it may help other users with projects similar to yours.

Peter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Employee

Hello rajeshyeole,

Unfortunately if you want to use the AP mode on Edison you must set up a password, in case a password is not set, then the default password is the module's serial number.

This is configured in hostapd.conf which can be found in /etc/hostapd/, nevertheless I'm not sure if it can be changed, but it looks quite challenging since the hostapd.conf file is very extensive and complicated. However I invite you to try and if you manage to do it, please share it with the community, it may help other users with projects similar to yours.

Peter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos