Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How can I upgrade the system hard drive?

I know I can upgrade the internal hard drive directly but what have you guys found to be the easiest way to upgrade the system hard drive? I've tried cloning to a usb drive and selecting it in the boot menu but it always falls back to the internal storage.

Has anyone been able to increase their storage space while using the new drive as the main windows system drive as well?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

What are we talking about? Forum selection would imply Compute Card or Compute Stick. If so, which model? Or are we talking about a NUC?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello mymovieads,

I am writing to follow up on your inquiry. As stated by N. Scott Pearson, It would be great to have additional information about the product you are using.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Sorry for the delay. It is a pc stick model BOXSTK1AW32SC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Unfortunately, there is no way to upgrade the eMMC SSD utilized in the SC Compute Stick. There is an alternative, however. You can augment the eMMC SSD with a microSD flash disk up to 128GB in size. Once installed (and NTFS formatted for best performance), there are parameters in the Windows 10 Setup program that you can use to specify what content you want Windows to store on the flash disk. From the Setup program's main screen, click on System, then Storage and then on Change where new content is saved.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello mymovieads,

I hope you found the alternative provided by N. Scott Pearson useful.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos