Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

How do I prevent the error "No source available for "0x...""?

I am using ISSM_2016.0.027 to program the D2000. Once Eclipse starts up I push the reset button on the D2000 as well as reset OpenOCD. I see "Info : JTAG tap: quark_d2000.lmt enabled" in the OpenOCD session which I understand to mean the D2000 is ready to be flashed and debugged using the bug icon on the toolbar. After flashing I often get the error "No source available for "0x31d"". I have also seen "No source available for "(gdb[0].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[0].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"".

How do I prevent this error from happening so that I can enter debug mode correctly?

Related, when I successfully flash the D2000, enter debug mode, run through the program and then exit but want to then go back into debug mode without reflashing, I get the same "No source available..." error.

Is there a series of steps that should be followed when trying to enter debug mode?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

Can you just confirm that the active Build Configuration is set to build_debug ?

When you debug an application it will first re-build it using whatever the active Build Configuration is. If that is set to build_release you will not be able to debug.

regards,

Michelle.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

That is correct, my active build configuration is set to build_debug when this issue occurs.

Regards,

JD

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you let me know the steps you are doing when you experience the issue

Also can you send on the contents of the 'gdb traces' console from a Debug session where the error occurs...

If you are working with multiple projects make sure that all other projects are closed ...

regards,

Michelle.

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I do have multiple projects in Project Explorer but all of them are closed except for the project I am trying to debug. In the debug screen I stop any running OpenOCD Sessions and then click debug (flashing) option for the project. It takes about 50 seconds for the project to load (most of the time the progress bar shows 93%) and, after it completes loading, the error window pops up as shown, I am unable to debug as it did not go to main(), but it shows that the target is running as indicated by the Terminate button illuminated.

Attached are the contents of the "gdb traces" console of three debug sessions where the error occurred.

Thanks,

JD

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I can re-produce your issue - but not consistently. If I reset the board or restart Eclipse I can start the debug session.

The 50 seconds for the project to load with the progress bar showing 93% is normal...

The ISSM team are currently looking at this to try to root cause the problem.

regards,

Michelle.