How do i connect to the stick when on a new wifi network without a usb keyboard/mouse? Im on holidays and hotel wifi. I've connected my phone to the hotel wifi, but cant connect to the stick using the remote app either on wifi or bluetooth to login (and to connect to the hotel wifi). I can see the login screen but have no way of entering my password or controlling the mouse.
Ive tried to connect via bluetooth but that doesn't work either.
The only way to control the Intel® Compute Stick without keyboard and mouse, should be using the Intel® Remote Keyboard, but you need to be connected (Compute Stick and Cell Phone) in the same network.
Appreciate the response. As a user - many of reviews I read on this (2016 model) and the earlier stick model were glowing in that the form factor would make this the perfect travelling companion, I don't recall the reviewers indicating I would need to also carry a wired USB keyboard and mouse to set it up each time. Really defeats the purpose.
However I was successful in connecting by using my wifi hotspot on the phone, and without the need for a USB keyboard or mouse. Hopefully this mini guide can help other users.
1. BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME. Set up your phone's hotspot so the compute stick's wifi will automatically connect to this network. In my case, I was lucky that I had done this. (warning - be careful if travelling overseas etc as the stick may start to do automatic downloads etc using expensive data.)
2. In the new location - Turn on wifi hotspot on your phone and let the compute stick connect to it. You should now be able to use the Intel Remote Software to do the windows login (ie using your own wifi network).
3. I then used the ASUS remote keyboard app and connected via bluetooth (for some reason the Intel one doesn't seem to work this way for me). (I had downloaded this previously as the Intel remote app wasn't working property out of the box....had to update - but that's a separate issue.)
4. change the wifi network over to the hotel wifi and connect etc. (Make sure you turn off your wifi hot spot on your phone to avoid data charges etc)
5. Navigate using the ASUS remote keyboard app and enjoy! I was then able to stream my favourite shows (using my usual legal subscription services).
As a separate comment - unfortunately the real world experience is nothing like what is advertised on the box. Fresh out of the box it was over 4 hours of , frustration, manual downloads, updates, reboots, internet searches etc before I was up and running. If anyone reading this is expecting it to work perfectly out of the box, be aware this may not be the case. I'm sorry but "plug in and go" was just not true for me.
However now that it is working, it is all going well. I've decided not to do any further driver updates (unless they add features) as for me, it is now all working well, so I don't want to indroduce any problems! Hope this helps someone.