Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How many sensors can we connect to intel Edison

How many and what all kind of sensors can we connect to Intel Edison? and what all sensors do I need to measure different parameters of the environment

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Technoman,

Thanks for contacting us!

We'd love to help you with your inquiry, however, we would like to know a little bit more information in order to give you a more accurate answer, if it is possible, could you share with us what is the project you have in mind? What is the aim of your project? Which variables do you need to measure? Any extra information will help.

We'll be waiting for reply.

Regards,

-Yermi

Highlighted
Beginner

I'm planning to make a system using which we can measure different aspects of the environment using INTEL EDISON & some sensors to collect the data and publish it on site.

And I want to know whether I can connect all these normal sensors and modules with suitable circuitry

1. GPS module

2. barometer sensor

3. Temperature sensor

4. Humidity sensor

5. MQ gas sensors

6. UV sensor

to INTEL EDISON and get required data output or do I need to buy grove sensors especially for INTEL EDISON?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Technoman,

Thank you very much for all the information provided. I would like to let you know that I have not used the Edison with so many sensors, however, when you want to connect a sensor to the Edison you have to consider the interface and hardware requirements each sensor has, and the pin availability of the Edison as well as the current limit.

I would like to suggest you to take a look at the http://download.intel.com/support/Galileo-Edison_ShieldTestReport_330937-002.pdf Shield testing report: Intel® Galileo Board, Intel® Galileo Gen 2 Board, and Intel® Edison Board, there you can find reports regarding different shields (GPS, barometer, temperature, etc.) that has been tested with the Intel Edison.

Moreover, you can use Grove sensors too by taking in consideration the above mentioned, I would like to suggest these links: /thread/56098 Getting started with sensors for Edison, https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/sensors?field_component_type_tid=All&field_component_c... Sensors Bring IoT Projects to Life, there you can find useful information.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Yermi for your help

I would appreciate your further help in the future

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Technoman,

I'm glad to know the information above helped. Also, don't hesitate to contact us back or open a new ticket in order to get further assistance in your project. We'll be happy to help you.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos