Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBoci
Beginner

How to change linker libraries?

Hello, I cannot find a way to change linker libraries in the Intel System Studio for IOT.

There is the cpp.json file where I can change ldflags, but this change does nothing. After cleaning and building the build I still get the old set of libraries.

Here is an example test case:

1. new IOT project based on blink
  2. run it (it works - it's OK, it should)
  3. change -lmraa to -lXXXX in src/cpp.json, save it
  4. clean project
  5. run it (it works - FAIL, it should not)

As you see, there is no change and the build succeeds, although it should fail.

This is of course just an example case, I do not want to remove mraa, but add other libraries.

Console output for building:

19:24:31 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project blink_all ****

Info: Internal Builder is used for build

docker exec -i 21a446fe1bc2b233337a9233bb972c7140c0ef13ec14f850c8ceaf3a9d274461 /bin/bash -c "cd /workspace/blink_all/Debug && i586-poky-linux-g++ -std=c++1y -I/usr/include/upm -I/usr/include/mraa -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 --sysroot= -m32 -march=i586 -c -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -o src/blink.o ../src/blink.cpp"

docker exec -i 21a446fe1bc2b233337a9233bb972c7140c0ef13ec14f850c8ceaf3a9d274461 /bin/bash -c "cd /workspace/blink_all/Debug && i586-poky-linux-g++ --sysroot= -o blink_all src/blink.o -lmraa"

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Kbociurko,

Thanks for reaching out.

I would like to share this documentation regarding https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-system-studio-iot-c-adding-external-libraries Adding third party libraries in the Intel System Studio IoT Edition using the Intel Package Manager, you will also be able to add additional repositories and then add packages from there. In addition to that, I found this thread: /message/442173# 442173 How to include files from external folder in System Studio where the user includes external libraries to his project. I believe you will find useful information in those links to achieve what you need,

Let me know if this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Kbociurko,

I would like to know if you still need help in this case.

Regards,

-Yermi A.