Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9877 Discussions

How to configure Intel edison as an access point

javilez
Novice

Hi. I have followed the instructions on this website to configure my intel edison as a wif access point:

$ systemctl stop wpa_supplicant
$ systemctl start hostapd

$ systemctl disable wpa_supplicant
$ systemctl enable hostapd

These commands work fine. The problem is when I restart intel edison. I connect with Putty, enter login/password, and when I execute the ifconfig command to see the established IP, I do not get a response and I verify that Edison's wifi does not appear in the list of available wifi.

How can I correctly configure intel edison as an access point? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
javilez
Novice

Hi. Executing the instruction: configure_edison --enableOneTimeSetup , as mentioned in this forum question, I have managed to enable the intel edison as an access point.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
javilez
Novice

Hi. Executing the instruction: configure_edison --enableOneTimeSetup , as mentioned in this forum question, I have managed to enable the intel edison as an access point.

Thanks.

FerryT
Valued Contributor I

Another way is to use a much more recent version of Yocto.

Connman has come a long way since the original image of edison was built. It now allows to tether wifi as well as bluetooth (so can act as an AP if you provide it with a WAN) .

Have a look here https://edison-fw.github.io/meta-intel-edison/