Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABian3
Novice

How to enable the output clock on PLT_CLK_0 pin?

Hello,

I'm using Intel Curie on an Arduino101 board.

How to enable an output clock on PLT_CLK_0 ?

On arduino_101, PLT_CLK_0 is on GPIO_8, and I have configured it as an OUTPUT.

I read the CCU_EXT_CLOCK_CTL register and the external clock is supposed to be enabled (CCU_EXT_CLK_EN = '1'). (Table 419 in Intel® Quark™ SE Microcontroller C1000 February 2017 Datasheet Document Number:473)

In the same datasheet (see figure 7) I understand that the external clock is wired to the system output clock. Is it wired to PLT_CLK_0 ?

Thanks,

Arthur

8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Arthur_H,

Thank you for contacting us. Please allow us to investigate further on how to enable the pin PLT_CLK_0. We'll contact you as soon as we have more information.

Regards,

-Sergio A

ABian3
Novice

Hello,

Any update on this ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Arthur

idata
Community Manager

Hi Arthur_H,

We're still working on your case. Please allow us more time to continue to investigate.

We appreciate your patience.

-Sergio A

idata
Community Manager

Hi Arthur_H,

Thank you for your patience. We want to let you know we're still working on your case. Would you please let us know which IDE are you using?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Sergio A

idata
Community Manager

Hi Arthur_H,

Do you still need assistance with this case?

Please let us know the information we requested in our previous reply.

-Sergio A

ABian3
Novice

Hi,

Yes I still need assistance with this case. I am using Zephyr project as an operating system.

My code to read the register is the following:

# include

# define SCSS_START_ADDRESS 0xB0800000

# define CCU_EXT_CLOCK_CTL 0x24

void main() {

u32_t *p_mem = (u32_t *)(SCSS_START_ADDRESS + CCU_EXT_CLOCK_CTL)

printk(" 0x%x : 0x%x\n", p_mem, *p_mem); // Here this line give "0x07" which is the expected value,as in the datasheet Table 419

}

I have also enabled GPIO8 as an output in the same code, not mentioned here for clarity.

The datasheet states that it enables the external clock.

I just wanted to know if PLT_CLK_0 is wired physically to the system output clock, or what are the necessary steps to enable the clock on this pin.

Many thanks,

Arthur

idata
Community Manager

Hi Arthur_H,

Thanks for the clarification. We'll take this information and contact you as soon as we have an update.

Regards,

-Sergio A

idata
Community Manager

Hi Arthur_H,

Thank you for your patience. We have received a response from the developer team in regards to your case. Their response was that the Curie on Arduino101 has subtle differences, yet significant, from the C1000 datasheet quoted. Because of this, we advise you to contact https://www.arduino.cc/ https://www.arduino.cc/ , to receive a solution from the team that supports your use case.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

-Sergio A