Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9874 Discussions

How to format and re install Intel edison

ltami
Beginner

I have mis-configured the intel edison board in ubuntu system, i could not see any login even a line on terminal,

# screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

I have tried with below url there is no output? How to solved this ?

how do you fully recover a board?

And tried another one:

trying to install package-xfstk-downloader-linux.sh

Getting following error:

../../../external-dependencies/min_boost_1_46_1/bin.v2/libs/program_options/libboost_program_options.a(utf8_codecvt_facet.o):(.rodata._ZTVN5boost15program_options6detail18utf8_codecvt_facetE[_ZTVN5boost15program_options6detail18utf8_codecvt_facetE]+0x24): undefined reference to `std::codecvt::do_length(__mbstate_t&, char const*, char const*, unsigned int) const'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

1 Reply
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi lakshmikandan,

You should flash your Edison board. You can find instructions on how to complete the flash process in the following document /docs/DOC-98643 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-98643. I would suggest you to first try with the Flash Tool Lite, but if this doesn't work there's also an alternative flashing method, you can find a link with further instructions in the document that I provided.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel