Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9873 Discussions

How to implement Yocto command in arduino? Bluez, Gatt

CLin82
New Contributor I

Hi all,

I am using a NRF8001 Bluetooth 4.0 module + PIR sensor to communicate with my Intel Edison. Following some instructions I found in this forum, one of the possible solution is to use GATT (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-the-generic-attribute-profile-gatt-in-bluetooth-low-... https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-the-generic-attribute-profile-gatt-in-bluetooth-low-...). First I installed Gatttool as well as Bluez-5.24 software package in my Edison.

The command I used in Yocto is:

root------my password------rfkill unblock bluetooth ------export PATH=$PATH:~/bluez-5.24/attrib/ ------gatttool -b D2:AD:9F:B7:BB:60 -I -t random ------connect------char-write-req 0xe 0100

When the PIR sensor is triggered, it sends 0x31 (AscII which is char '1' ). And I can now receive it on the command window.

Now the problem is how to script it into Arduino code ?

I tried to use system() call in my arduino sketch like:

void setup() {

Serial.begin(115200);

system("root");

system("my password");

system("rfkill unblock bluetooth");

system("export PATH=$PATH:~/bluez-5.24/attrib");

system("gatttool -b D2:AD:9F:B7:BB:60 -I -t random");

system("char-write-req e 0100");

}

void loop() {

// other code

}

But it did not work, the bluetooh link is not established as expectation. And I also would like to ask how to display the message I received "0x31" in the arduino serial port?

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello channinglin,

If using the system command is not working for you, then I'd suggest to use a system service instead. By the way, you don't need to call "root" and your password when using the command system.

I wrote a document about a similar subject that you might find of help. It will require some modifications but probably not many:

/docs/DOC-102152 Automatically connect to a device through Bluetooth

Regarding your second question, the user CMata_Intel wrote a very good example on how to "see" Linux info in the Arduino serial port, check /message/370799# 370799 Re: Battery supply monitor, it might be of your interest.

Peter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello channinglin,

If using the system command is not working for you, then I'd suggest to use a system service instead. By the way, you don't need to call "root" and your password when using the command system.

I wrote a document about a similar subject that you might find of help. It will require some modifications but probably not many:

/docs/DOC-102152 Automatically connect to a device through Bluetooth

Regarding your second question, the user CMata_Intel wrote a very good example on how to "see" Linux info in the Arduino serial port, check /message/370799# 370799 Re: Battery supply monitor, it might be of your interest.

Peter.