Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How to install adb on intel-edison?

Jump to solution

I have an Intel Edison.

# uname -a  Linux edison 3.10.98-poky-edison+ # 1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 6 14:32:08 PDT 2016 i686 GNU/Linux

I need to install adb on it but search says that there is no such package. There is no apt-get, so I use opkg.

# opkg search '*android*'  boost-dev - 1.56.0-r0  boost-dev - 1.56.0-r0  nodejs-dev - v4.4.3-r1.0  nodejs-npm - v4.4.3-r1.0  # opkg search '*adb*'  e2fsprogs-badblocks - 1.42.9-r1  linux-libc-headers-dev - 3.16-r0

I have such repositories.

<code style="font-family: Consolas, M...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello nikfisher,

In order to install adb you need to install Android's SDK. It is available for Linux, however, as you can see in https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html Edison does not meet the minimum requirements to run it as the SDK needs at least 2 GB of RAM and a 64-bit distribution, Edison only has 1 GB of RAM and it runs a 32-bit Linux.

So, unfortunately adb is not compatible with Edison.

-Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello nikfisher,

In order to install adb you need to install Android's SDK. It is available for Linux, however, as you can see in https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html Edison does not meet the minimum requirements to run it as the SDK needs at least 2 GB of RAM and a 64-bit distribution, Edison only has 1 GB of RAM and it runs a 32-bit Linux.

So, unfortunately adb is not compatible with Edison.

-Peter.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

I don't know why anyone would want to install the SDK on the Edison?

At a terminal prompt, on your linux PC which is attached to your Edison run:

apt-get install adb

Note that you are installing adb on your PC not the Edison.

0 Kudos