Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How to make Galielo Gen 2 Yocto base linux writable and persistent?

Hi all,

I have a very small program that I would like to persistently write on Galileo Gen 2 based linux. How is this possible without making a new image and uploading it? Is there a way to make the filesystem writable and persistent?

By using the SD card the boot is somehow more slow and there are risks of not doing a clean shutdown and corrupting the SD card.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Re: How to make Galielo Gen 2 Yocto base linux writable and persistent?

Hi UnDerK0vEr,

The only way to store files in the Galileo Board is using the SD card. You can write your programs, for example a Python script, and store it in the SD card. You will be able to execute the script always since it will be stored permanently in the SD card.

Let us know if this was helpful for you. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Diego.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi DiegoV,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand that the SDcard is the way to go. Still, if i'm creating an end product it might be very interesting to use the internal available space instead of adding an external memory.

I was able to use the intel firmware to add our software to it, but still, I would like to know whether Intel is or not supporting this and has an official method.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi UnDerK0vEr,

I'm apologize for the delay in my response. I've tested writing a sketch in the internal memory in the sketch directory, however the file was erased after a reboot. So the only way to store files permanently is using the SD card.

Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos