Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

How to run script/program before getting logged in into Intel Edison mini breakout board ?

idata
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

I've successfully written a script that runs automatically as soon as I boot my Intel Edison Mini Breakout board and enter my username and password.

Now I want to run that same script so that it can run automatically without getting me login into the board. I just have to power up my Edison board and the script starts running.

How can I do that ?

Please share useful links, steps and code snippets.

1 Solution
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi falak.desai@yahoo.com

Have you tried to modify the getty@tty1.service in /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants?

Maybe by creating a service with login -f root?

About the service you are running, what does this service do? If the service is able to run at boot it should be working even if you have not enter the credentials

Regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi falak.desai@yahoo.com

Have you tried to modify the getty@tty1.service in /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants?

Maybe by creating a service with login -f root?

About the service you are running, what does this service do? If the service is able to run at boot it should be working even if you have not enter the credentials

Regards,

Charlie

idata
Community Manager

Hello sir,

the script I've created starts the video streaming at booting time.

i've added a command to run the script into the "profile" file in /etc/init.d/profile

I'll try your way and let then let you know the result.

Thank you.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi falak.desai@yahoo.com

Let me know that outcome. Also, I suggest you to use systemd instead of init.d to start the script at boot.

Regards,

Charlie