Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICust28
New Contributor I

How to save sketch using Elipse IDE and IOT-devkit image?

Jump to solution

I am using Elipse IDE and IoT-devkit image(write to my 8GB sdcard) as development environment.I could write images and read them from sdcard.But when I tried to save sketch and reload it every time i power off or reboot it is not working.When i use Arduino IDE, its ok to save sketch every time i reboot the board but when i use Eclipse IDE it can't.I spent four days to find solution but have no luck.Specifically, i tried:

-https://software.intel.com/en-us/programming-blank-sd-card-with-yocto-linux-image-windows Making a bootable micro SD Card with Windows* | Intel® Developer Zone :in this guide, they said:"If you have already begun uploading and running code on your board, you can check whether your board is booting the correct image by uploading the Blink example code to the board and rebooting it. The board will take a minute or two to boot up. If the LED on the board resumes blinking after it boots up, then the board is correctly booting from the card.".

-/thread/57754 Eclipse C++ Saving Programs to the Edison and running them permanently :in this guide i tried to do the same with Galileo board but nothing happened.

So do intel developers support saving sketch after reboot or power off with IOT IMAGE?Anyone have solution for this problem?

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello SolitaryWolf,

I have answered a very similar question to this one in . I suggest you to look at it and see it helps you.

The thread is for Edison, nevertheless the principle is the same with Galileo. So basically you will have to use system services.

Peter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello SolitaryWolf,

I have answered a very similar question to this one in . I suggest you to look at it and see it helps you.

The thread is for Edison, nevertheless the principle is the same with Galileo. So basically you will have to use system services.

Peter.

View solution in original post

ICust28
New Contributor I

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your suggestion, i will try it and report result tomorrow after i come home,

SWolf

ICust28
New Contributor I

I have followed your guide and i successully make my project run every i reboot the board but some issues have occured.

My project run without problem with Eclipse IDE but when i create the service as u guide, the process return result as a error.I realize that the program can not read my xml file from sdcard.

But its ok when i run if Eclipse IDE.Here is the location i save xml file and executable file

Edited:After change to full path, everything is ok.Thank you so much, Peter.