cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROng1
Novice

How to send AT command using intel galileo gen 2 with SIM5218E 3G shield

Jump to solution

Hello, I am trying to send AT command using a 3G shield (i.e. SIM5218E from cooking-hacks) for a couple of days already and still no luck. Using Arduino Board, it's okay but with Galileo..it's like walking on a parallel line. Can you help me with this? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi geonyt,

Thank you for contacting us. The shield you're using is included in the Shield Testing Report, which can be found here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000020775.html . If you go to Section 22, you can see a description of the shield, how to power it, libraries needed and a sample sketch to test it.

Please follow this guide to configure the shield. In case you encounter problems, let us know what you've tried so far, along with a detailed description of the error.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Sergio A

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi geonyt,

Thank you for contacting us. The shield you're using is included in the Shield Testing Report, which can be found here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000020775.html . If you go to Section 22, you can see a description of the shield, how to power it, libraries needed and a sample sketch to test it.

Please follow this guide to configure the shield. In case you encounter problems, let us know what you've tried so far, along with a detailed description of the error.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Sergio A

View solution in original post

ROng1
Novice

Hello sir Sergio,

Thank you. it works! I'm ready for the next steps.

Can Intel Galileo Gen2 read and write text file other than the SD Card from the board?

Thanks

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi geonyt,

The entire filesystem is read/write AFAIK, but I suggest you open another thread explaining exactly what you need/want.

BR,

Fernando.

ROng1
Novice

Hello FGT, Yes. Thank you.

idata
Community Manager

You're welcome geonyt, were happy to hear it works. We'll continue to help in the new community thread.

Thanks again for helping out Fernando!

Have a nice day.

-Sergio A