Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

How to setup OpenCV on Intel System Studio IoT edition?

AAbin
Beginner

I am trying to setup a camera capture rig, however, i cannot build the project in the Intel System Studio. I have followed the OpenCV guide to set up the project however the compiler gives giving me errors.

http://docs.opencv.org/2.4/doc/tutorials/introduction/linux_eclipse/linux_eclipse.html# linux-eclipse-usage Using OpenCV with Eclipse (plugin CDT) — OpenCV 2.4.13.1 documentation

Errors:

DescriptionResourcePathLocationTypeundefined reference to `cv::_InputArray::_InputArray(cv::Mat const&)'CVtest.cpp/CVtest/srcline 22C/C++ Problemundefined reference to `cv::fastFree(void*)'CVtestline 278, external location: C:\Users\itsab\Desktop\tools\iss-iot-win_03-14-16\iss-iot-win\devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux\us.../C++ Problemundefined reference to `cv::imread(std::string const&, int)'CVtest.cpp/CVtest/srcline 13C/C++ Problemundefined reference to `cv::imshow(std::string const&, cv::_InputArray const&)'CVtest.cpp/CVtest/srcline 22C/C++ Problemundefined reference to `cv::Mat::copySize(cv::Mat const&)'CVtestline 298, external location: C:\Users\itsab\Desktop\tools\iss-iot-win_03-14-16\iss-iot-win\devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux\us.../C++ Problemundefined reference to `cv::Mat::deallocate()'CVtestline 367, external location: C:\Users\itsab\Desktop\tools\iss-iot-win_03-14-16\iss-iot-win\devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux\us.../C++ Problemundefined reference to `cv::namedWindow(std::string const&, int)'CVtest.cpp/CVtest/srcline 21C/C++ Problemundefined reference to `cv::waitKey(int)'CVtest.cpp/CVtest/srcline 24C/C++ Problem

Code:

# include

# include

# include

# include

using namespace cv;

int main( int argc, char** argv )

{

Mat image;

image = imread( argv[1], 1 );

if( argc != 2 || !image.data )

{

printf( "No image data \n" );

return -1;

}

namedWindow( "Display Image", CV_WINDOW_AUTOSIZE );

imshow( "Display Image", image );

waitKey(0);

return 0;

}

Compiler settings

Linker settings

The OpenCV suggests adding libraries in the top (-I) however adding any libraries here keeps giving me a file not found error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Abinsaju,

I will try to help with this. I followed the guide that you posted, and I compiled the code without errors. I used another paths for the compiler and linker settings, I used the paths that are in the Intel® System Studio IoT Edition files (C:\...\iss-iot-win_03-14-16\iss-iot-win\devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux\usr\include).

I'm going to show you what I did in the Compiler and Linker settings:

Compiler Settings

Linker Settings

In Libraries(-l) you can add the following libraries:

opencv_core opencv_imgproc opencv_highgui opencv_ml opencv_video opencv_features2d opencv_calib3d opencv_objdetect opencv_contrib opencv_legacy opencv_flann

I only added opencv_core opencv_imgproc opencv_highgui, but you can add all of them if you want.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

-Leonardo

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Abinsaju,

I will try to help with this. I followed the guide that you posted, and I compiled the code without errors. I used another paths for the compiler and linker settings, I used the paths that are in the Intel® System Studio IoT Edition files (C:\...\iss-iot-win_03-14-16\iss-iot-win\devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux\usr\include).

I'm going to show you what I did in the Compiler and Linker settings:

Compiler Settings

Linker Settings

In Libraries(-l) you can add the following libraries:

opencv_core opencv_imgproc opencv_highgui opencv_ml opencv_video opencv_features2d opencv_calib3d opencv_objdetect opencv_contrib opencv_legacy opencv_flann

I only added opencv_core opencv_imgproc opencv_highgui, but you can add all of them if you want.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

-Leonardo

View solution in original post

AAbin
Beginner

Thank you so much!! That worked!

it seems as if the error was because I kept using an external opencv library while there was an internal one.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Abinsaju,

It is great to see that it worked.

Remember that we are here to help, just contact us.

Regards,

-Leonardo