Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDeka1
Beginner

How to share internet from a laptop with Intel Galileo Gen2 board ?

Hi all. I am Sukanya. I have been using Intel galileo Gen2 board for a couple of months.I have connected the board to my laptop via ethernet using putty. I want to share the internet connectivity from the laptop to board. I have run this command : ifconfig enp0s20f6 down in linux shell of the board but the board becomes unresponsive after this. I am unable to figure out anything. Please help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @SDeka1​ ,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not sure why the board would become unresponsive after trying that command, it could be that somehow its interfering with the serial connection. I found this blog somebody shared on how to bridge and share your Windows internet network to the Galileo board, you can find the blog here https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/f55fd9/sharing-pc-network-with-intel-galileo-on-windows.

Hopefully you are using Windows so that you can give this a try, if that is not the case please let me know which OS you are using and I will try to investigate further. Hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

SDeka1
Beginner

Thank you for replying. I am using Windows on my laptop and Linux Yocto Standard for Intel Galileo Gen 2 board.

But in the blog it is written that the board needs to be booted with windows os but my board is booted with linux os. Will it be a problem to adopt this method?

SDeka1
Beginner

Unfortunately the steps illustrated did not work in my board.

Aroop_B_Intel
Employee

Hi SDeka1,

The correct command that you should enter into the linux terminal is

ifconfig <Hostname> down

Can you confirm that your hostname is "enp0s20f6"?

To do so you should enter this into your linux terminal:

ifconfig

This will list multiple network interfaces and their details.

Your hostname should have the attribute: "Link encap:Ethernet"

Regards,

Aroop

SDeka1
Beginner

Thanks a lot for answering @Aroop_at_Intel. That issue has been solved. But I ran into a new problem.

I am trying to install php in the board by using this command opkg install modphp. On executing this command, it shows an ouput that no such module exists.

I want to know whether there is any other method to download and install php in the board. Please help.

Aroop_B_Intel
Employee

Hello SDeka1,

I would suggest looking at this thread to help you install php.

https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490Ir9SAE?language=en_US

Regards,

Aroop