cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSidd5
New Contributor I

How to ssh over wifi?

Jump to solution

I am a total newbie and trying to ssh over wifi but i don't know how to do it can somebody please tell me step by step to how to ssh over wifi?

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello MASiddiqui,

In order to get access to the Edison through SSH you have to set up the Edison's Wi-Fi first, and assign a name and a password to your module. This can be done by running the command configure_edison --setup.

If you haven't used your Edison before, then I recommend you to check the getting started guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/library/edison-getting-started IoT - Intel® Edison Board Get Started Guide | Intel® Developer Zone. It will guide you through the first steps of configuring your Edison.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello MASiddiqui,

In order to get access to the Edison through SSH you have to set up the Edison's Wi-Fi first, and assign a name and a password to your module. This can be done by running the command configure_edison --setup.

If you haven't used your Edison before, then I recommend you to check the getting started guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/library/edison-getting-started IoT - Intel® Edison Board Get Started Guide | Intel® Developer Zone. It will guide you through the first steps of configuring your Edison.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

MSidd5
New Contributor I

I've already done that but now i want to know how do i ssh over wifi

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello MASiddiqui,

If the Edison is already configured, then you could SSH to it with the PuTTY software. I recommend you to download it and try it. Once you open it you will see an option for SSH (check screenshot below). You will need to type the Edison's IP address. The IP address can be checked by running the following command in the Edison's console: configure_edison --showWiFiIP

Make sure the Edison and your PC are connected to the same network.

Regards,

Diego.

MSidd5
New Contributor I

Thank you but i figured it out and by the way i am using OS X so there is no putty, i used terminal to do ssh to my edison board over wifi.

FBuit
Innovator

Hi , you have to put this command in a terminal you have to be connected in the same wi-fi where you have connected your Edison Board

ssh root@yourEdisonIP

if it doesn´t work let me now.