Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

How to transfer data using Uart in Galileo Gen 2

CT2
Novice

Hi,

I tried the below coding to transfer data from Intel Galileo Gen 2 to uart. But some error comes after building in Eclipse

# include

# include

# include

# include"mraa/uart.h"

# define EXIT_SUCCESS 1

int main(int argc, char** argv)

{

char tx_data[]="hello";

char rx_data[]="";

mraa_uart_context uart1;

uart1=mraa_uart_init(0);

mraa_uart_set_baudrate(uart1,9600);

//mraa_uart_set_mode(uart1,8,MRAA_UART_PARITY_ONE,1);

mraa_uart_write(uart1 ,tx_data, sizeof(tx_data));

//printf("Tx_Data=%c",tx_data);

//fprintf(stdout, "Gpio is %d\n",mraa_uart_write(uart1 ,tx_data, 4));

mraa_uart_read(uart1 ,rx_data, sizeof(rx_data));

//printf("Rx_Data=%c",rx_data);

//mraa_uart_stop(uart1);

//mraa_deinit();

return EXIT_SUCCESS ;

}

after building time the following error coming.

In file included from ..\src\tx.c:4:0:

C:\iotdk-ide-win\devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux/usr/include/mraa/uart.h:47:75: error: unknown type name 'mraa_uart_parity_t'

mraa_result_t mraa_uart_set_mode(mraa_uart_context dev, int bytesize, mraa_uart_parity_t parity, int stopbits);

^

4 Replies
Brendan_L_Intel
Employee

update mraa & your ide, should sort you out.

CT2
Novice

Hi arfoll,

Can you share to me about updated Eclipse IDE and mraa libraries link.

Brendan_L_Intel
Employee

You'll want the latest IDE and the latest Edison image. You can browse the download dir too:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads IoT - Intel® Edison Board Download | Intel® Developer Zone

The IDE does let you update mraa but latest image will be on mraa 0.8.1 already so that's your best bet.

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello china007,

Have you already tried with the mraa example found in https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/master/examples/uart.c mraa/uart.c at master · intel-iot-devkit/mraa · GitHub?

If you still run into issues, I'd suggest you to compile it directly on your board. It is very simple, just follow these steps:

1. Create the file where your code will be stored with "vi YOUR_FILE_NAME.c" and paste your code.

2. Compile the code and create an executable file with "gcc YOUR_FILE_NAME.c -o OUTPUT_FILE_NAME -lmraa"

3. Then run the code with ./OUTPUT_FILE_NAME

Peter.