Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZimi
New Contributor II

How to upload firmware on D2000 without ISSM?

Hello!

I need to upload/erase firmware without ISSM, and do that automatically (without manual commands input in a command promt).

Maybe you know some ready front-end software for that?

I'm trying to write a software by Qt, which make a telnet connection to an openOCD. Am I need to create gdb session, or I can upload firmware with openocd only?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

You can find the firmware flashing instructions using CLI (and without using Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers) here:

https://github.com/quark-mcu/qmsi# flashing GitHub - quark-mcu/qmsi: Quark MCUs HAL

I am not aware of a GUI frontend, except of the Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers.

Another option would be using the DFU / firmware manager mechanism and a serial port. It is a single CLI command. Also there is a make target for that ("make flash" in qmsi/examples/app.mk).

AZimi
New Contributor II

Hi!

Yes, I know about this CLI instructions, but there's using gdb for upload firmware, and i'm asking about using openocd only for that.

Another option would be using the DFU / firmware manager mechanism and a serial port. It is a single CLI command. Also there is a make target for that ("make flash" in qmsi/examples/app.mk).

In this case I need to upload ROM at first with ISSM, but I want to make that via standalone application too.

AZimi
New Contributor II

Thanks you all. Issue is solved.