Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9874 Discussions

How to upload firmware on D2000 without ISSM?

AZimi
New Contributor II

Hello!

I need to upload/erase firmware without ISSM, and do that automatically (without manual commands input in a command promt).

Maybe you know some ready front-end software for that?

I'm trying to write a software by Qt, which make a telnet connection to an openOCD. Am I need to create gdb session, or I can upload firmware with openocd only?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

You can find the firmware flashing instructions using CLI (and without using Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers) here:

https://github.com/quark-mcu/qmsi# flashing GitHub - quark-mcu/qmsi: Quark MCUs HAL

I am not aware of a GUI frontend, except of the Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers.

Another option would be using the DFU / firmware manager mechanism and a serial port. It is a single CLI command. Also there is a make target for that ("make flash" in qmsi/examples/app.mk).

AZimi
New Contributor II

Hi!

Yes, I know about this CLI instructions, but there's using gdb for upload firmware, and i'm asking about using openocd only for that.

Another option would be using the DFU / firmware manager mechanism and a serial port. It is a single CLI command. Also there is a make target for that ("make flash" in qmsi/examples/app.mk).

In this case I need to upload ROM at first with ISSM, but I want to make that via standalone application too.

AZimi
New Contributor II

Thanks you all. Issue is solved.