Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BSath1
Novice

How to use a webcam with an Intel Galileo

Hi friends I am using an Intel Galileo Gen2 Board and I would like to connect a USB webcam to it and capture pictures/record videos with it. I request any one of you guys to please help me with a step by step guide to do that. I have been spending nearly one month with this issue and no progress at all. I would really appreciate any help .

Thanks in advance

Bala

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Bala,

I've seen several threads about this issue. I did not experiment on this, though. Most of the threads contain references to OpenCV and specific/suported cameras. Some threads, not necessarilly the best ones:

An external ref. about Intel Galileo Gen 2 & camera:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Streaming-USB-Webcam-with-the-Intel-Galileo-Gen-2/ Streaming USB Webcam with the Intel Galileo Gen 2

HTH,

Fernando.

PMora5
New Contributor I

Hi bala002,

Are you having trouble connecting your USB camera?

PaulaK

idata
Community Manager

Hi bala002,

Do you still need help connecting your camera?

-Sergio

BSath1
Novice

dear friends

Ya I really need some simple step by step procedure please. I dont have much background about all these things. I would really appreciate any help. Its making me think if choosing galileo was a bad idea.

PMora5
New Contributor I

hi bala002,

I'm no expert on giving support, but I'll give it a try.

First. Are you able to set a terminal session for your galileo? (e.g. place where you can run your Linux commands)

if you can, could you please connect your webcam to Galileo and run this command dmesg | tail -10 and post the results please. (I wanna check first if your camera is being recognized)

Best,

Paula

BSath1
Novice

OH yeah sure I shall do that and post the response. But it shows as /dev/video0 and the uvc driver also displays some information. I am very sure the board is detecting the webcam.

Regards

Bala

idata
Community Manager

Were you able to connect the camera with the Galileo, what were your results in following the threads posted above? What have you configured so far?

-Sergio