Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glian4
Novice

How to use small board to connect a usb camera

I want to connect a usb camera to the edision. as I know the standard Arduino module board have a host usb which can connect usb camera directly.

But how can I connet the camera use a small board which only have OTG microUSB port?

Such as break out board ,or Romeo for Edison Controller or SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - Base

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Edison Breakout Board.

In order to connect a USB device to the Edison Breakout Board you need a Micro USB OTG to USB Adapter.

I found a site that explains in detail certain aspects of connecting a USB device to the Edison Breakout Board. It mentions the adapter required, how to supply power the board, and connecting and detecting the corresponding device. This is the link http://drejkim.com/blog/2014/11/06/connecting-a-usb-device-to-the-edison-mini-breakout-board/.

I hope you find the previous information useful.

Regards,

Andres V.
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

I was wondering if you had the chance to check the suggestion provided.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
glian4
Novice

Thank you ,I tried this method with my breakout board ,but I cannot detect the video0 in /dev,I think it maybecause of my OTG cable is broken.

Thanks for your reply ,I will try new cables later.

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

You are welcome, once you try the method suggested with a new cable, please consider sharing your experience with the community.

In case you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres