Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How to use the RX1 TX0 pins on Galileo Gen 2

I'm working on a project that needs two devices to communicate with a Galileo Gen 2 board, both using serial ports. I'm able to get one of them to work, connecting the RX TX and GND pins, and using the mraa library with Python. I've done some reading, and I know that is possible to access the RX1 TX0 pins by writing to the /dev/ttyS1, but that didn't work for me. Is there a way I can use thoses pins the same way I use the RX TX?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Kurenai,

Thanks for contacting us!

The /dev/ttyS1 is actually the Linux Serial terminal, we would like to suggest you take a look at these threads:

There you can find useful information about how to use /dev/ttyS1. Please, take a look at those threads and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

-Yermi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Kurenai wrote:

I'm working on a project that needs two devices to communicate with a Galileo Gen 2 board, both using serial ports. I'm able to get one of them to work, connecting the RX TX and GND pins, and using the mraa library with Python. I've done some reading, and I know that is possible to access the RX1 TX0 pins by writing to the /dev/ttyS1, but that didn't work for me. Is there a way I can use thoses pins the same way I use the RX TX?

Do you mean either Rx1 TX1 or RX0 TX0?

Can you send a schematic of your connections?

Can you send the code or an example of how you read/use RX TX?

Fernando.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, I've managed to solve my problem by changing the communication protocol to SPI. It works fine now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Fernando, I changed it to SPI and solved it. Thank you!

0 Kudos