I am trying to install an OS on my Compute sticks and have had no luck I have tried USB, micro sd card,and external disc drives. It keeps saying no boot device detected. I am wondering if the Bios needs updating. I have tried disabling and enabling UEFI and Legacy.
Hello Mothman81 ,
I am sorry to hear you are having issues while installing the OS in your Intel® Compute Stick STK2m364CC
I would like to verify some details and provide you with some recommendations for this issue.
1. It should be enabled already, but please access the BIOS and look for an option to enable/disable the embedded memory or eMMC
2. Have you performed a BIOS recovery to the version 0044? Check instructions below
3. Please try to use another Pendrive to create the USB bootable
4. Please try to use a different ISO or image of the OS used
5. Check compatible OS' here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005899.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005899.html
BIOS recovery instructions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005902.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005902.html
Hope I can hear from you positively.
I can tell you, that on my STK2M364CC I can boot w/ and w/o secure boot with an image from
generated with the proposed https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Live_USB_stick# Install_ImageWriter ImageWriter Tool. Mandatory is that, the stick includes the EFI partition (FAT16 if I remind well).
Additional I know, that not all USB-Memory-Sticks are booteable. So I have good experience with the following USB Sticks:
https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/ultra-usb Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0, https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/ultra-fit-usb Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0, http://www.trekstor.de/detail-data-storage/product/usb-stick-cs.html TrekStor CS Series and some others.
Remark: If you use Secure Boot feature enabled - depends on version, you must accept at first import of the new EFI Security Key.