cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHarr7
New Contributor I

I have heard rumors regarding Intel's commitment to the Atom processor

Jump to solution

I have heard rumors regarding Intel's commitment to the development of the Atom processor; I am wondering what that means for the future of the Edison, and whether I can rely on the platform going forward ? Is Edison dead?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
idata
Community Manager

Hi MarkHaysHarris777,

Intel is committed to support Edison for long term, so you don't have to worry about it.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FIvan
New Contributor I

The CEO of Intel says that Intel will focus on IoT.

https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/brian-krzanich-our-strategy-and-the-future-of-intel/ Brian Krzanich: Our Strategy and The Future of Intel | Intel Newsroom

Second is the many variations of connected things. The term "Internet of Things" tends to be ambiguous, so it's important to define it and then identify what segments Intel will drive. "Things" range from PCs to what we now call the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things encompasses all smart devices – every device, sensor, console and any other client device – that are connected to the cloud. The key phrase here is "connected to the cloud." It means that everything that a "thing" does can be captured as a piece of data, measured real-time, and is accessible from anywhere. And the biggest opportunity in the Internet of Things is that it encompasses just about everything in our lives today – it's ubiquitous. For most areas of industry and retail – from our shoes and clothes to our homes and cars – the Internet of Things is transforming everything and every experience. At Intel, we will focus on autonomous vehicles, industrial and retail as our primary growth drivers of the Internet of Things. Similarly, we view our core Client business of PCs and mobile as among the many variations of connected things, which is driving our strategy of differentiation and segmentation in the Internet of Things business.

idata
Community Manager

Hi MarkHaysHarris777,

Intel is committed to support Edison for long term, so you don't have to worry about it.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post