Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMalu
New Contributor I

I2C devices already on board?

Using the I2C scanner, several devices show up without something being attached to I2C, is there any information about those devices?

Thanks !

I2C Scanner

Scanning...

I2C device found at address 0x25 ! Dec =37

I2C device found at address 0x26 ! Dec =38

I2C device found at address 0x27 ! Dec =39

I2C device found at address 0x47 ! Dec =71

I2C device found at address 0x54 ! Dec =84

I2C device found at address 0x55 ! Dec =85

I2C device found at address 0x56 ! Dec =86

I2C device found at address 0x57 ! Dec =87

I2C device found at address 0x70 ! Dec =112

done

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Christof_M,

Thank you for contacting us. We ran the I2C_scanner example and confirm we see the same output as you. Just as you say, there are devices detected in the serial monitor, but, noting connected to the I2C bus. The devices shown are internally wired within the board. Since what we're observing is the internal circuitry, you can see more information on which specific devices are connected by looking at the Galileo schematic http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-galileo-boards/000005911.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-galileo-boards/000005911.html

Let us know if this was useful.

-Sergio A

CMalu
New Contributor I

Dear Sergio,

thanks a lot for the answer.

Yes, obviously there are devices connected. I can dig out all datasheets, but isn't there any documentation already available? Or are all those devices not accessible by the user? In that case I don't need to understand...

Cheers

Christof

idata
Community Manager

Hi Christof,

The document that has more information on what's connected to the I2C bus is the schematic of the Galileo, which we sent in our previous reply. In regards to this question, that's the document that can be of more helpful. Those devices are not accessible by the user.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,

-Sergio A