Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

ICS bricked after attempt to install the latest Windows 10 upgrade.

I made the mistake of attempting to upgrade my ICS to the latest version of Windows 10 after having successfully upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8 before. My ICS is now bricked. It will not boot into Windows. Apparently the Win 8 files were deleted after the previous Win 10 update, so I am not able to try that recovery method. I am not able to use the media recovery tool since the ICS won't boot Windows at all. I have tried every option in the error / diagnostic options that do appear, but nothing works. I also flashed the BIOS with the latest image. Intel must flash the SSD inside the ICS before shipping it. Is there an image I can use to do that? Very disappointed in Intel at the moment.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I, along with several others had the same problem. I finally got mine working after reinstalling Windows 10 ( build 10240) using the media creation tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Windows 10. My compute stick is working fine now.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your response. I will try this.

I noticed Microsoft has pulled the November Win 10 update. Not hard to guess why.

Highlighted
Employee

Hello John0100

Were you able to solve the issue by using the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Windows 10 * Media Creation Tool?

Additionally, did you try the [F8] method at the POST screen ?

*[F8] Operating System Recovery

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I always get error when I hit F8 to enter recovery mode

Highlighted
Employee

Hello Honourable101

Could you please confirm if you could access the BIOS into your Intel Compute Stick?

In this case you could also try using a bootable device (USB Stick) then Press F10 at the Post screen in order to select the Boot device and boot and/or install the Operating system on your Intel® Compute Stick internal EMMC memory.

Please let us know if issue persists.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel

0 Kudos