Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HFale1
Beginner

ICS hangs at logon after update to Windows 10 build 10586 (November update)

I was running an earlier version of windows 10 (don't know which one, the stick came with it). Last night the update update to build 10565 was performed (came automatically through windows update). All went well, however logging on after the installation completed freezes the ICS. I do manage to enter my user account using safe mode.

No errors have been issued, so not sure where to start searching for a problem.

Already tried (without succes):

1) remove SD card

2) re-install drivers

3) remove all USB devices (except keyboard and mouse)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CYend
Novice

The 10586 Win10 version doesn't work on ICS. Need to do a clean install of older Win 10 version.

Charles

Klaus_R_Intel
Employee

I got the same issue, but even the reset in the self-repair Option doesnt work. Any Special procedure how to do this "clean install"?

Thanks Klaus

DAtki2
Beginner

I've got the same problem.

Intel Compute Stick with Windows 10 upgrade hangs at the pretty Win 10 beach picture

when trying to reset the device it hangs at 74% after several hours

any special actions that can be used to perform a hard reset back to the installed image supplied on purchase?

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello,

We are aware of this issue; you can see more information here:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/stck1a32wfc/sb/CS-035870.htm?wapkw=stck1a32wfc Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC — Issue with Windows® 10 Autumn Update

And for some troubleshooting steps please see it here:

/thread/93643 https://communities.intel.com/thread/93643

Regards!

Ivan

HFale1
Beginner

ivanu_intel, DerekAt, @Klaus_R, Mosc_007

found the solution: disable Write cache did the trick. see step 9 in the procedure of /message/359634# 359634 this link.

I did not do the full reinstall. Just boot in safe mode. Enter device manager and turn off "write caching" for the Kingston disk drive. Hope it solves your problems too

SMori3
Beginner

after all the installation completed, I installed the latest network card drivers in safe mode

latest Bluetooth and video in normal mode.

if I do not connect to wifi everything is working fine...after 10 hours of tries and so of testing....

at this time, connecting to wifi make the computer to stuck...

any solution is more than welcome.

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thanks dwikkel for that information you kindly provided to let us know how you installed Windows 10 in your system.

morin787 did you follow some troubleshooting steps that are posted in the link I provided above.

I would recommend checking for new Windows updates.

Also, you can try updating the driver from the Intel® website; you can download it from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25071/Wireless-Realtek-wireless-driver-for-Windows-10- Download Wireless: Realtek* wireless driver for Windows 10*

Regards!

Ivan

HFale1
Beginner

Hi ivanu_intel,

The update was pushed via windows updates. I use the stick regularly (as media center pc) and I let Windows Update run automatically. So I'm not following any windows developments actively, not pushing to install any actively. So somewhere over the weekend (12-13 december), the update got scheduled.

I'll check more carefully now...

IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to you please be aware that we are currently working with Microsoft to investigate a problem where the Windows® 10 Autumn Update causes the Intel® Compute Stick to fail.

Best regards!

Ivan