cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

ISS (Intel® System Studio IoT Edition) No Galileo project

Dear All,

I'm a beginner on using Galileo platform & ISS and I started to follow the guidelines https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-system-studio-iot-edition-guide-for-c IoT - Intel® System Studio IoT Edition User Guide for C/C++ | Intel® Software

the document says :

This version of the Intel System Studio IoT Edition provides support for the following boards:

• Intel® Edison board
  • Intel® Galileo board
  • Intel® IoT gateway
  • Minnowboard* MAX

-After having setup "w_iss_iot_2016.0.004.exe" on a Windows system, I can not find project for Galileo on the list of proposed IoT Project

Projects are proposed only for Edison, Joule, Gateways (32bit & 64bit) and Minnowboard. No project for Galileo !

-Same for "Manage installed Development Platforms..." menu (no Galileo)

What are the steps I have missed to get Galileo supported as part of IoT Projects on ISS IoT Edition ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Flapoly,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please let us know in which step of the guide above you are seeing this? Please take a screenshot of the window that displays these options to you.

Were you able to complete this step: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blinking-an-led-using-c-with-intel-system-studio-iot-edition ?

Anyhow, most of the projects available for Edison should be compatible with Galileo, so, as a workaround, you could select Edison.

Let me know how it goes.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hello Flapoly,

Do you have any updates about this?

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Dear Peter,

Sorry for the later answer, but I was off in the last days.

what I'm doing is the following (from a windows platform)

1) starting "Intel Studio IoT Edition" from Start Menu

2) on the Menu select File/New/Intel Project for IoT

Then I get a window asking to select between one of the following board: Joule, Edition, GW32, GW64, MinnowBoard max. (See attached screenshot)

I do not see any Quark or Galileo board

idata
Community Manager

Hi Flapoly,

I understand, thank you for letting us know about this. I have already contacted the appropriate team regarding this so they can proceed accordingly.

As a workaround, I suggest you to use the Edison option, you shouldn't have issues if you do so.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any issues.

-Peter.