cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Munchoy_W_Intel
Employee

ISSM IQDC compiler __attribute__

Jump to solution

I am using ISSM 2015 version 2015.3.022 in a VM running Ubuntu OS. I did not use Eclipse to build my source code and instead, I build the code from a shell by calling the make utility.

Everything seems working fine except that there are a lot of warnings like this:

====================================================================================

/opt/intel/issm_d1000_2015.3.022/tools/compiler/include/stdlib.h:122:65: warning: unknown attribute '__warning__' ignored [-Wattributes]

char * _EXFUN(_mktemp_r, (struct _reent *, char *) _ATTRIBUTE ((__warning__ ("the use of `mktemp' is dangerous; use `mkstemp' instead"))));

^

/opt/intel/issm_d1000_2015.3.022/tools/compiler/include/_ansi.h:101:42: note: expanded from macro '_ATTRIBUTE'

# define _ATTRIBUTE(attrs) __attribute__ (attrs)

^

/opt/intel/issm_d1000_2015.3.022/tools/compiler/include/_ansi.h:65:35: note: expanded from macro '_EXFUN'

# define _EXFUN(name, proto) name proto

=====================================================================================

From the warnings, It looks like '__warning__' is not a recognized __attribute__ to the compiler but it is used in stdlib.h. Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shahmi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Mun Choy,

This warning message is related to function attributes as some of it may not be supported by the compiler. But this is just a warning, and should not give any problem on your rprogram.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Shahmi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Mun Choy,

This warning message is related to function attributes as some of it may not be supported by the compiler. But this is just a warning, and should not give any problem on your rprogram.

View solution in original post

Rahul_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Mun Choi,

I agree with Shahmi. These are compiler related warnings that I have reported to compiler engineers. They don't seem to have any negative effect.

Munchoy_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Shahmi, Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. These warnings are all over the place of build messages. I have an interim solution to use "-Wno-attributes" but hopefully this can be addressed without suppressing the attribute warnings.