Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJang
Beginner

Insane CPU Utilization by Intel Remote Keyboard App on Compute Stick

I bought the STK2m364CC a few months ago and installed Windows 10 Pro and the Intel Remote Keyboard software on it. While the app has always worked initially, over time the CPU utilization gets up to 90% (see attached photo). Usually what will happen is that I'll use my Compute Stick and then let it go to sleep after I'm done. When I come back hours later or the next day, the system is close to locked up as the Remote Keyboard host app is hogging most of the processing power. If I restart the Compute Stick, everything works but I'm just repeating the cycle. I found one other post on the Intel forums where someone had a similar issue while using the app but with a NUC. However, I haven't found anything to fix the issue. I've tried a clean installation of Windows, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app without any luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

KJ

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi KIJ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, let me help you on this matter.

Could you confirm the version of the Intel® Remote Keyboard application you are currently using on the Intel® Compute stick?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Allan J.
KJang
Beginner

The Compute Stick's keyboard app version is 1.12.1 for Windows 10 64-bit. If it helps, I'm also using the current iOS version of the app on my iPad which is 1.14.

idata
Community Manager

Hi KIJ,

Thank you for the information, I will try to replicate this issue and check CPU usage when installing the latest version of the Intel® Remote Keyboard.

I will update this thread as soon as I get some information on this.

Thank you for your patience.

Allan J.
idata
Community Manager

Hi KIJ,

I am still researching this matter. I will come back as soon as I get news on this.

Regards,

Allan J
idata
Community Manager

Hi KIJ,

I have been running a lab for several days in regard to CPU utilization with the Intel® Remote Keyboard Host App running all the time. I was not able to get more than 0.2%, please check picture attached.

Additionally, I am trying to update Windows® 10 Falls Creators to see if changes anything. I will let you know my findings shortly.

Regards,

Allan J
KJang
Beginner

Thanks for continuing to look into this. I'm still experiencing this issue. I have only used the ICS with Windows 10 Creators Update installed so perhaps the issue does lie there.

idata
Community Manager

Hi KIJ,

Sure, no problem, I just finished installing Windows® 10 Falls Creators and I still have the same Intel® Remote Keyboard behavior, the application does not go more than 0.2%.

Allan J.
JDee1
Beginner

I can confirm the problem on a Intel NUC6CAYH running Windows 10.

I am monitoring the energy consumption of my NUC6CAYH as it is running as a server. The problem started beginning of February. On March 1st I removed the software.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)

• Version 1709
  • OS Build 10.0.16299
  • Build Branch rs3_release
  • Locale Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • .NET Framework Versions 4.0.0.0, 4.7.02556