cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Instalation on Ubuntu

Hi,

When I try to install Intel System Studio (this one based on Eclipse) i get this error:

I tried a few times, I download package a few times, to install it by ./install.sh or ./install_GUI.sh

When I ignore it i get:

My Linux:

Linux pzydziak 4.4.0-38-generic # 57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 6 15:42:33 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux (16.04 LTS)

pzydziak@pzydziak:~/Pobrane$ cksum l_iss_iot_p_2016.0.005.tar.gz

3899997891 50988546 l_iss_iot_p_2016.0.005.tar.gz

Additional info:

- I changed UI to cinnamon

- I have installed openjdk-8-jdk and openjdk-8-jre

Best,

Paweł

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Pawek,

Thank you for contacting us.

I got that error too, but I found the way to fix it. You have to install Docker, I recommend you to follow this guide: https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/linux/ubuntulinux/, after I installed Docker I ran the command ./iss-iot-launcher without issues.

If you still have issues with it I suggest you to install an older version, maybe you won't get issues with it. The only difference is that it doesn't support the Joule platform, but you are using the Edison so you shouldn't have problems with it. This is the link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25871/eng/iss-iot-linux_03-24-16.tar.bz2

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

-Leonardo

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Ok, that works. Thank you.

But there is one more issue. I want to continue my project that I started on Windows. So I assumed that Installation and import to workspace is all i need. Unfortunatelly, when I try to compile my project, that works flawlessly on Windows, I get that error:

Of course my first thought it was to simply delete -E from command list in Preprocessor Include.../Providers, but then instead of getting -E error I get -P error and so on.

I would be grateful if you are able to help me once again,

Paweł

idata
Community Manager

Hi Pawek,

Well, some paths that were defined in your Windows machine are different in your Linux machine. And I think that the best way to fix this is transferring your files in a new project in your Linux machine. I mean I recommend you to pass the .h and .c files instead of the complete project to avoid these issues.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

-Leonardo
idata
Community Manager

Hi Pawek,

Are you still having issues compiling your project? Did our recommendation work?

Please let us know.

Regards,

-Leonardo
idata
Community Manager

Yes, it works.

Thank you,

Paweł

idata
Community Manager

Hi Pawek,

That's great. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo