Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Installing Debian on Galileo Gen 2

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am new to Galileo and I am trying to install Debian on Galileo Gen 2. I have a Ubuntu 16.04 computer and a Windows 10 pro computer. I tried to upgrade the firmware to 1.0.4 on Ubuntu but it report Target Firmware not Upgraded, and some java exceptions in terminal. When I reboot Galileo, the version of the firmware turns to be 1.0.4 so I just keep going. I use

dd if=galileo-1.2.img of=/dev/sdb1

to write the image to SD card. When rebooting the device, I got some mistakes and at last get into ramfs. I tried to press F7 when rebooting and exit grub, and went back to EFI firmware. There are 4 entries: UEFI payload, Intern Shell, Device List, and whatever, I can't remember cause I do not have access to my linux pc now. I chose shell and it brings me back to grub, and I boot with 3.8.7 kernel and the same thing happened again and I went to ramfs.

When I went back home and tried to do all these under Windows 10, I found that I cannot install drivers for Galileo, neither from linux-cdc-acm.cat downloaded from Intel, which reported "A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store.", nor from ardunio since I didn't find any driver file or installation option for Galileo as it was said on the Internet.

I hope someone could help me get these through. This is really annoying.

Besides I can run arduino sketch normally through windows.

EDIT: 11/9

I get the driver installed by setting the date of my windows pc to one year ago (2015)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi lonelyzerg,

I think I would help in the Windows environment, or at least I can give it a try on helping...

About

Tianhang Lan wrote:

When I went back home and tried to do all these under Windows 10, I found that I cannot install drivers for Galileo, neither from linux-cdc-acm.cat downloaded from Intel, which reported "A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store.", nor from ardunio since I didn't find any driver file or installation option for Galileo as it was said on the Internet.

Please use the Intel Galileo without any SD and send the screens with the device manager before and after you plug in your Intel Galileo to your windows computer. Besides, there may be other threads that you would find useful, such as

About

You mean Arduino sketches in Arduino cards, right?

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi lonelyzerg,

I think I would help in the Windows environment, or at least I can give it a try on helping...

About

Tianhang Lan wrote:

Please use the Intel Galileo without any SD and send the screens with the device manager before and after you plug in your Intel Galileo to your windows computer. Besides, there may be other threads that you would find useful, such as

About

You mean Arduino sketches in Arduino cards, right?

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Thanks! I got the driver thing done. By the way where can I find the downloading of the latest ubilinux for galileo?

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Tianhang Lan wrote:

Thanks! I got the driver thing done. By the way where can I find the downloading of the latest ubilinux for galileo?

AFAIK Emutex labs developed ubilinux (and tools, and libraries, and so on...), so you should look for at their site/asking them. Yocto is the Linux version supported by Intel, even when you'll be able to search for ubilinux in many threads in this forum.

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Since Yocto is the supported LINUX flavor for Galileo II, can someone please point me at a document on how to build a demonstrator Yocto MORTY image that includes a sshd daemon that works?

THANK YOU

idata
Community Manager

Hi iic1tls,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Galileo Platform.

The Yocto Project 2.2 (Morty) is out of the scooped of our support, right now we are supporting Yocto Project 1.7 (Dizzy). Nevertheless I would encourage you to create this image and share your results with the community, since it may benefit other users.

Here are some links that might be useful for you:

https://github.com/AjanthaB/Building-a-Yocto-image-for-Galileo-Gen-2-bord

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/03/04/creating-a-yocto-image-for-the-intel-galileo-board...

Best Regards,

-Jose.