cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KWinn
Novice

Installing SPP-loopback

Hi ...

I been working on intel Edison Bluetooth and cannt connect from my phone to Edison but from Edison I cant connect to my phone and can pair it .

I download the light blue app from app store and try to scan for my Edison board ,its show nothing and I try to check it out on web for whats the error and I found out that my UUID: serial port is missing on Edison board .Downloaded the spp-loopback.py file and put it inside my Edison board under sketch folder and use putty software to run it . But its not working and keep getting error ,it seems like I cannt run spp-loopback file. Any one can help me with this problem. Thanks for your help and appreciate it

10 Replies
ABHIROOP_K_Intel
Employee

Have you checked if the BT adaptor is on?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-edison-board-getting-started-with-bluetooth IoT - Intel® Edison Board Getting Started with Bluetooth* | Intel® Developer Zone

KWinn
Novice

yes ..I alr checked

and I follow this steps and try to make it work but I stuck at steps 18

KWinn
Novice

I downloaded the spp pro app and try to scan for my Edison board

i can see my Edison board but cannt make the connection sucessfully

but I can pair and connect from Edison to my phone with my built-in Bluetooth from phone

thanks for ur help:)

idata
Community Manager

Hello kaungthantwinn,

The reason why you are getting that output is because you are entering the file address incorrectly, your command is python sketch/SPP-loopback.py -c 22 when it should be python /sketch/SPP-loopback.py -C 22.Try it this way and let me know.

Also I noticed that in the command you use the option -c, that's not correct, you should use the option -C.

Peter.
KWinn
Novice

Hi peter

Thanks for your help . I try this command python /sketch/SPP-loopback.py -C 22 but i still getting error

idata
Community Manager

The command you entered this time seems fine but the error message you receive isn't. I believe the file of SPP-loopback.py might be corrupted or maybe the code wasn't pasted correctly. How did you put this file into your board?

Anyway, you could try to download it again to see if it helps. Follow these steps to do so:

1. Connect your board to the internet. In case you haven't done it already, you can set the Wi-Fi interface with the command configure_edison --wifi

2. Go to the directory where you would like to store the file, in your case /sketch. Use the command cd /sketch.

3. Delete the old SPP-loopback.py file with the command rm SPP-loopback.py.

4. Download the new SPP-loopback.py file with the command wget http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24909/eng/SPP-loopback.py http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24909/eng/SPP-loopback.py.

Now try to follow the guide again.

Peter.
KWinn
Novice

Hi Mr.peter

I deleted the old SPP file, i connect my board to internet and downlaod the new SPP file as ur guide.

last time i use WinSCP to put the file inside my board but this time i downloaded to my board.

When i run this command python /sketch/SPP-loopback.py -C 22 its just stuck,i wait for like 15 minutes also not moving just stuck at the command

i really appreciate for ur help sir

idata
Community Manager

When you ran the command, were you connected to an Android device? Did you follow all the steps in for this last test?

Peter.

KWinn
Novice

HI peter

Thanks

Its work

Thanks for ur help