Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9880 Discussions

Intel Compute Stick CS325 (BOXSTK2m3W64CC) Power Supply

FKhos1
Beginner

Hello.

I have fund another thread about alternate ways of powering the subject stick but the thread is closed.

The documentation claims 5 volt is what is needed but when I measure the output from the AC/DC converter that comes with it I notice it is higher than 5 volts, and when I feed it the 5 volts and make sufficient amperes available to it I have trouble with keeping the system going.

Does anyone know if the USB C cable actually is delivering more than just power to the stick? Maybe data about the power source?

If anyone has used a 12v to 5v converter that works reliably can you please tell me what product you are using?

Thanks

Farzad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leon_Merts
New Contributor II

Hi Farzad_k,

The USB-C cable also provides data for the USB hub (2 ports) in the power supply.

I believe (but not sure) that the power supply provide enough power for the stick alone but not much more than that.

there was a previous threat for the core m5 version found here:

Regards,

Leon Merts

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Leon_Merts
New Contributor II

Hi Farzad_k,

The USB-C cable also provides data for the USB hub (2 ports) in the power supply.

I believe (but not sure) that the power supply provide enough power for the stick alone but not much more than that.

there was a previous threat for the core m5 version found here:

Regards,

Leon Merts