Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FKhos1
Beginner

Intel Compute Stick CS325 (BOXSTK2m3W64CC) Power Supply

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have fund another thread about alternate ways of powering the subject stick but the thread is closed.

The documentation claims 5 volt is what is needed but when I measure the output from the AC/DC converter that comes with it I notice it is higher than 5 volts, and when I feed it the 5 volts and make sufficient amperes available to it I have trouble with keeping the system going.

Does anyone know if the USB C cable actually is delivering more than just power to the stick? Maybe data about the power source?

If anyone has used a 12v to 5v converter that works reliably can you please tell me what product you are using?

Thanks

Farzad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leon_Merts
New Contributor II

Hi Farzad_k,

The USB-C cable also provides data for the USB hub (2 ports) in the power supply.

I believe (but not sure) that the power supply provide enough power for the stick alone but not much more than that.

there was a previous threat for the core m5 version found here:

Regards,

Leon Merts

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Leon_Merts
New Contributor II

Hi Farzad_k,

The USB-C cable also provides data for the USB hub (2 ports) in the power supply.

I believe (but not sure) that the power supply provide enough power for the stick alone but not much more than that.

there was a previous threat for the core m5 version found here:

Regards,

Leon Merts

View solution in original post