Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC : Windows 10 update stucks at 84% while configuring settings.

Jump to solution

I have tried both ways by creating USB flash as well as the online update from the tray Icon appearing in the task bar, but every time it gets stuck at 84%. Even if after leaving it on overnight it does not complete.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novice

OK i already make it work. By clean install to windows 10 build 10240.

1. Download Windows 10 x86 (Build 10240) [i got 10240 as .ESD so i have to convert it to .ISO]

2. Make Bootable USB by using Rufus

- use GPT (not MBR)

- make it FAT32

3. Press F10 in Bios and install as normal windows

4. Download new drivers from Intel (Choose Driver and Windows 10 32bit then download all of them)

- Wireless Realtek

- Bluetooth

- Graphics Intel

- SOC

Enjoy !

View solution in original post

39 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

Same problem here. I just turn it off then on again.

My windows 10 got so many problem, it always freeze after login to windows.

Still no solution for me.

Highlighted
Novice

After disabling the display card and bluetooth, windows 10 got upgraded. But now it gets freezes when i log in. However its working in safe mode.

Highlighted
Novice

all same to me.

i tried to install 3 new drivers (Bluetooth, Intel Graphic, Wireless) in safe mode.

Nothing change. Have to try another way.

If you can solve it, pls told me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I m also waiting for the solution, this update wasted my 4-5 days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Mukesh066,

Please verify if you are already using the latest BIOS version 0031. Then, try to upgrade the operating system or get latest updates. Remove the SD if you have one prior the update.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86612/Intel-Compute-Stick-STCK1A32WFC Downloads for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

Place the Intel® Compute Stick closer to your router if it is possible.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I already used last BIOS (v.0031) and then upgrade my ICS.

Windows stuck at welcome screen before logging in to windows ( "We will ready soon" screen).

After 6 hours, i restart my ICS. Windows always freeze after logging in to windows.

I reset all my ICS 2times ( first fail, second success).

Windows still freeze same as before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Pastel,

The upgrade process of Intel® Compute Stick takes several hours; I did the test 2 weeks ago and the whole process took around 12 hours. Make sure you already have the latest updates of Windows® 8.1 first.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Same problem - update stucks several times at (exactly?) 41% - without SD with the latest BIOS and using a 64GB USB-stick

Regards,

Maarten W

Highlighted
Novice

Now i can't access to windows 10.

After login screen , screen goes dark and can't do anything.

But still can used safe mode normally.

Highlighted
Novice

OK i already make it work. By clean install to windows 10 build 10240.

1. Download Windows 10 x86 (Build 10240) [i got 10240 as .ESD so i have to convert it to .ISO]

2. Make Bootable USB by using Rufus

- use GPT (not MBR)

- make it FAT32

3. Press F10 in Bios and install as normal windows

4. Download new drivers from Intel (Choose Driver and Windows 10 32bit then download all of them)

- Wireless Realtek

- Bluetooth

- Graphics Intel

- SOC

Enjoy !

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Fantastic - My Goodness - it's a day work

But now the question - does the Windows update 1511,10586 works after al these effort?

Maarten W

Highlighted
New Contributor I

At point 3. F10 in Bios - There is no USB to boot from so also I do not find : install as normal windows.

But there is more not correctly working in the Bios - Update Bios do nothing.

II suppose a damaged flash memory.

Maarten W

Highlighted
New Contributor I

After inspection - much more in the Bios menu do not work properly.

Even a logout gives problems at the exit question YES/NO

So the result - TO THE RETAILER for a new one. But this last several days.

Maarten W

Highlighted

Hi MWoerlee,

Try to reset or recover the stick with F8 while booting. If problem continues, get in touch with http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support and they will replace the unit

Regards,

Mike C

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Thank you.

I did a F8 boot and chose from the 9 choices and thus possibilities the option "Reset PC"

The start seems hopefully but after 5 hours it stops at configuration settings at 55% and for the updates and drivers 86% and stays there for EVER.

So I will contact support.

Remark: I like to try new features but this stick has given much trouble (and with me for many other people) so I have spent many hours/days to find solutions.

I think Intel has introduced this version W10 version to fast.

Regards,

Maarten Woerlee

Netherlands

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Make sure you change Partition scheme to GPT and FAT32 when create Bootable Drive.

And my Windows 10 Build 10240 is the only version that install to Stick without freeze or problems.

With Windows 10 another Build i face problem that when install it will stuck at almost finish (around 80-99%).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

This is exactly what I did but in the Boot menu the stick stays invisible.

So on advice of Support I did a "Reset PC" but then this process stucks on 55% and after that and restarting the Stick produces a loop in booting without the possibility to start again. Thus that was the end of the story !!!!!

I contacted Support with a service request and got as answer: Intel Customer Support Service Request Management request # XXXXXX has been updated

You can click the following link to login and view/update the request or get additional information (including the ability to create new service requests, view any current and closed service requests, check the status of your warranty returns, and validate warranty):

/thread/customercare.intel.com customercare.intel.com

But if you try to reach this site to check the status of your request it is seen that the website functionality has changed with the message: As a result of this change, access to previously submitted service requests will not be available. Now I have to wait and see with a not anymore working Intel Compu Stick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Did your thumb driver support for created bootable drive ?

I have the problem that my thumb drive was too old to created as bootable drive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Thanks but that was not my problem. The whole boot menu was a mess so I followed the advice of Mike C to "reset the PC with F8". But this operation stopped at 55% and after that the stick came in a loop of starting and immediately down. For me "End of Story" and some days ago I made a "Warranty Request" at the Intel Customer Support.

Till now I only got by Email a request number with no possibility to view the advance in this procedure.

So for me no stick and thus no problems anymore. I have to wait till something happens inside the Intel Organization from which till now I only get a number.

Again thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos