Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC : Windows 10 update stucks at 84% while configuring settings.

Jump to solution

I have tried both ways by creating USB flash as well as the online update from the tray Icon appearing in the task bar, but every time it gets stuck at 84%. Even if after leaving it on overnight it does not complete.

39 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Peoples since the update went through this week I am same position, dead unit.

Tried firmware update:

DL windows 10 32bit repair, and every other option available

its like the it cannot write after certain point.

This is my third unit now, first one was replaced because the system changed month and year at random every 10 minutes (https did not like this), the one they replaced it with was Linux and now with this going on. I am thinking product was rushed and a dud, I have given this device a lot of chances but no more what a waste of 9 months and $250.

For a device that is meant to plug play watch stuff with a bit of browsing, should of just used my mobile with hdmi and rdp.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

This is a "horror" story - 3 sticks in 9 months - this besides the time spent to find out what's going on, the long lasting Email/Phone discussions with Custom Support (in my opinion they have an awful bad website + not well trained persons at the phone) and at last the $.

What's me surprises is the fact that a huge firm like Intel let's make happen these kind of "horror" because it is very bad for their reputation.

I will wait and see or the hopefully second stick will do what Intel tells in the specifications.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I will expect more people posting issues like this in the next days, same issue hits me too..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Here I will show you an Email "battle" with Intel Customer Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the third time I got an Email message as in picture Request_0.

When I follow the link /thread/customercare.intel.com customercare.intel.com I get the screen as seen in picture Request_1.

After I have written my Email address I get the screen as seen in picture Request_2

On this page it is only possible to ask for a new Service Request and NOT any information of the advance in my warranty request.

So this do not works at all besides every time a new request

What can I do to get real information on my warranty question?

When I contacted the Customer Support by phone they could not find me in your computer system!!!

Regards,

Maarten Woerlee

Netherlands

-----------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Christmas? A wonder has happened.

I got a real answer !!!

Maarten

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

At last - good Christmas news - my warranty procedure has started !! ButI only I have to do some more paperwork with a lot off numbers in it.

=====================================

This is an automated Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR) Order notification.

Your action is required before the order can proceed.

======================================

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Happy New Year ?

At last I received on 12/31/15 under the warranty a brand new Compute Stick but ..............

They forgot to send with it the power supply and the HDMI cable thus I only can look at the stick.

So again Emails, Requests etc. and waiting what happens now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Please see my post here /message/363554?tstart=0# 363554 https://communities.intel.com/message/363554?tstart=0# 363554

That resolved my problems

Highlighted
Beginner

I have had freezing with mouse movement but still works in safemode then I decided to install windows latest build 11082 or newer with usb boot locked up at 1, 6, 70, and 74 percent. Assumed it was windows 10 latest build that was the problem so I installed ubuntu morrigan 14.1 with automated wifi with it. It worked for 2 hours then locked up under ubuntu as well restarted locked up in 5 mins then noticed it was overheating and the fan by the hdmi port was not working. Does anyone know if this covered by warrenty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello JGC,

Please http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support in order to determine if your Intel® Compute Stick is under warranty.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello AshleyWeyers,

Thanks for letting us know about the solution you found for this issue.

Please visit Etikka's instructions which have helped others solve this issue.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

But be careful, after my first contact with Support on 12/19/2015 about a warranty till today 1/16/2016 (nearly 1 month) I am waiting for a complete new one. This besides the huge amount of Emails and time to work on answers on these stuff. So for a business case - takes two sticks to tango !!!

Maarten Woerlee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

After a time of "rest" and having a new stick I started the installation of the second stick.

And YES - the same problems as with the first one.

Just the update to Win 10 Home crashed and the PC reset came in an endless loop of starting and closing.

So now I will ask again the comment of Custom Support.

Maarten Woerlee

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi MWoerlee,

Could you please let us know if you already followed the instructions below?

Windows® 10 Threshold 2 Update Guide for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000017933.html?wa... Windows® 10 Threshold 2 Update Guide for Intel® Compute Stick...

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Dear Mike C,

Yes I did these instructions 3 times.

Every time the same problem and pfff .these whole procedure lasts a long time

Now I will contact Lewis of Intel Customer Support

Regards,

Maarten W

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi MWoerlee,

Thank you for your feedback. I suggest you to refresh the stick with F8 then, try again the operating system update. Start up the stick and keep tapping F8 and select the Refresh option.

More details at Operating System Recovery

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005885.html User Guide for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

My 3rd stick works now perfect.

That means:

1. The Window Update give no problems anymore.

2. This stick had a WiFi connection which regular drops off.

Then you never knows what's the reason. - Router, Stick Bios, WiFi Driver, etc.

So again a lot of time to find out - the solution I refreshed the WiFi driver with the Intel program Wireless_Win10_32_3008.11.0515.2015

And after that a good connection.

Tlll now Hurray

Regards,

MW

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi MWoerlee,

Thank you for your update. I am glad the stick is working properly.

Mike C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Still working fine besides the WiFi is very sensitive for traffic amount (disturbances?) even after channel change. But that happens only in busy traffic hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi MWoerlee,

I appreciated your feedback.

Mike C

0 Kudos