There are many reports of Intel Compute Stick STK1AW32SC not working with a very specific failure signature. The unit powers on with solid blue light but there is no BIOS boot-up display.
Latest Related Threads
Intel, please do not lock this thread. We are trying to figure out what is happening -- and there has been no official guidance to help us understand how to avoid this scenario in a production setting with our customers. Is it a specific model number? I am seeing a high rate of failures in units with model number SA# XXXXXX-100. Are SA# XXXXXX-102 units ok?
What is the device you have the stick's HDMI port plugged into? What BIOS revision are you using? Are you using the power adaptor that came with the compute stick?
I have used multiple sticks of various revisions and never seen this issue on multiple TVs and monitors. Could it be you have a bad stick? Also, I noticed you do not have any USB keyboard or mouse plugged in to the stick. Does it work when that is done?
I had the same behaviour with a BOXSTK2M3W64CC, HDMI plugged on Sony TV, BIOS version delivered with the computer stick, I used power brick provided.
USB bluetooth connected to ICS to pair my Logitech K830.
I have to unplug and plug the cable of the power supply in order to start the computer !
I tried to remove USB bluetooth and use a generic keyboard USB, I had the same behaviour, my reseller will replace my computer stick.
- Device is a HDMI capture device. Said behavior occurs with televisions and monitors.
- Am using the power adapter that came with Compute Stick
- It's a bad stick -- but of a batch of thirty there were 20 which exhibited the same behavior. We run HD video 24/7.
- Plugging in USB peripherals does not affect the behavior .
- Tried BIOS v29 (Original), v30, and v26.