cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TG2
Beginner

Intel Compute Stick - System Interrupts

Hello,

I bought two Intel Compute Sticks, which I upgraded to Windows 10, following the instructions posted by Intel with no issues and made sure I have the latest BIOS, Drivers and Windows Updates. They are connected to different TVs and there's only a wireless usb receiver connected to them for the Microsoft All-in-One-Media Keyboard.

The problem is that on both of them, when they first power up, the First CPU Core is at 100% and System Interrupts in Processes tab in Task Manager takes up around 30% of the CPU. The rest 3 Cores are either sitting Idle or at low %. The problem only goes away if I restart the ICS.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue or should i return them for replacement?

Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SCorn
Novice

I too have this problem, it does not happen right away at boot but after some use. I cant nail down exact steps but it does seem to be after using the web / streaming video.

SCorn
Novice

After much investigation I have found that deactivating Bluetooth in the BIOS mostly resolves the issue, obviously this means I cant use Bluetooth...

GKubi2
Beginner

I disable Bluetooth, SD Card Reader and Wireless in BIOS but problems still occurs

Ad hoc restart system helps, but it does not solve the problem because after turn off and late turn on stick problem return.

I use Windows Performance Toolkit and it looks like the problem is with GPIO driver in "Intel Driver Package for Baytrail-T SOC". I wait for new driver and I hope that will fix this problem.

TG2
Beginner

This narrows down the problem a bit. Could we have an official reply from an Intel representative and is there any more information we can post so we help get this issue resolved?

Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

Let's try the following; uninstall the current Intel® HD Graphics Driver on your systems and let me know if the behavior persists.

Regards,

Amy.

GKubi2
Beginner

Unfortunately, uninstall Intel HD Graphics has no effect. After restart, system automatically install previous Intell drivers (ver. 10.18.10.4252) system works ok, after power off and then on problems back, Next I uninstall this drivers too. After restart i have Basic Microsoft Graphics Card with Microsoft Driver. And still when i power off computer and after few second power on i have 1 core busy by System Interrupts (it occupies15-20% cpu).

Out of all those tests, i try every bios above 0024, without success

Only on Windows 8.1 system works fine, and I use it now, and wait for some driver or system update ( Windows 10 Threshold 2 incoming next week - I'll try It ).

Regards,

Greg

Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Please try with the following driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24816/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-driver-for-Intel-Compute-... Download Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics driver for Intel® Compute Stick, you can follow these instructions to install the driver http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers — How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*.

Let me know your findings,

Regards.

ABent3
New Contributor I

I am coming back to this issue, because I noticed it also. After OS start from power off (Windows 10 TH2), the "system interrupts" process is taking too much CPU. I wasn't aware until I tried to use a Bluetooth speaker when the audio stream was full of dropouts. After restarting, the issue does not appear.

The solution is to disable the "Fast Startup" option from the Power Options control panel settings.

The conclusion is that ICS has a driver that is not perfect and is not compatible with the Fast Startup option of Windows 10. What driver exactly is, I'll let the Intel support team to investigate.