Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Compute Stick Windows 10 Upgrade Failed

For those whoe selling Intel Compute Stick with Windows 10, kindly advise your customer not to upgrade their windows 10 to "BUILD 10586". We have encountered problem with the said Build. FYI.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor II

Hello MarlonUnabia

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I'm sorry for issue you have had after trying to upgrade to windows 10 10586.

When I upgraded the Intel® Compute Stick to Windows 10 BUILD 10586 before doing so I updated any other updates and the latest BIOS and I did not have any problems.

If your system does not work at all after you try an upgrade you can submit a warranty replacement for the unit at the following link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Thanks and regards!

Ivan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I just encountered the same issue... I ran updates after not using the Compute Stick for a while and when 10586 installed, it locked things up causing hangs in the login screen and freezing the system. After a couple searches through these forums, I found something that worked for me... it seems to be a WiFi/OneDrive issue.

After the ver 1511 build 10586.36 upgrade is already done and your having problems...

- immediately from the login screen right click the WiFi icon and disconnect from any networks. This at least allowed me to login in to Windows and finish the upgrade.

- Start OneDrive and go to setting and disable startup at login

- from another computer, download all current updates for the Compute Stick to an external USB and install in this order:

- BIOS (press F7 after reboot), mine went from ver. 18 to 31, reboot

- install SOC drivers, reboot

- install GFX driver, reboot

- install WiFi drivers, reboot

- install BT drivers, reboot

- enable WiFi and reconnect to your network

- check for updates again

Everything seems to be running again.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor II

Hi HeliosLHD,

Thank you for taking your time to share that information with us, I hope others can benefit from it.

Regards!

Ivan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

hi,

I have the same issue after update Windows 10. Can you please describe from where download all current updates for the Compute Stick and how to install them from external USB to stick?

Best Regards,

Oleg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Oleg,

I downloaded all the drivers from a separate computer and placed them on a USB stick attached to a USB hub and the ComputeStick. The drivers can be found directly from the Intel download site at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86612/Intel-Compute-Stick-STCK1A32WFC https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86612/Intel-Compute-Stick-STCK1A32WFC

As I said in my earlier post, I was able to upgrade but everything would lock up unless I disabled wifi immediately from the lock screen and updated all the drivers.

Hopefully this helps.

Roger

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey Roger,

Thanks for help. I downloaded all available drivers and BIOS file. I know how to update BIOS from external USB, but don't know how to update or install driver. I have downloaded Wireless_Win10_32_3008.11.0515.2015.zip, copied this zip to USB, connect it to USB hub, which is connected to stick. What I should do for install driver?

Regards,

Oleg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Assuming the ComputeStick will boot and run Win10 with the wifi disabled, you should be able to navigate to the USB stick and extract/run each driver zip file, just be sure to reboot after each install (it takes less than a minute). If that doesn't work, there may be other options as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

did you run Setup.exe or Install.bat?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Setup.exe work. I think on USB should write unzipped sw.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Yeah, the install.bat just calls setup.exe.

Did this work for you?

0 Kudos