Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACarr11
Beginner

Intel® Compute Stick full internet in bedroom connected to monitor (hdmi) when moved to living room tv (Sony Bravia) there is limited access (no internet) even tho it is closer to the modem in the living room.

I don't understand what is happening with my internet access.... from my bed room connected to my monitor i have full internet capabilities, as soon as I move it to the TV (48" Sony Bravia) in the living room it comes up limited access (no internet). Any ideas what is causing this problem?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It may be that there is something in this Sony TV or between the this TV and the router that is interfering with the signal. Which Compute Stick model are we talking about (FC, SC, CC m3, CC m5)? The wireless support in the FC model is absolutely atrocious, badly affected by other wireless (and Bluetooth) signals (that used to connect mice and keyboards to the NUC or something in the TV or other close devices). The other models are much better, but could still be affected by interference, metal in walls, etc.

...S

ACarr11
Beginner

Not sure how to tell the box has the CPU as a Intel Bay Trail CR as for other devices we do have Net Talk duo wifi and a Mx android box (hardwired Ethernet) by the TV

ACarr11
Beginner

just found my amazon order it describes it as https://www.amazon.ca/gp/r.html?C=3AHRGXVN781VR&K=A13QSHVVBYYXC1&R=VE10UX5PMMRC&T=C&U=https://www.am... Mini PC W5 Intel Z3735F Quad Core 1.83GHz 2GB RAM 32GB ROM Windows 10 Small Computer H.265 Built in Bluetooth 4.0 Support 2.4G WiFi

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, this doesn't appear to be an Intel Compute Stick; it appears to be a clone. Still, it would appear that it has a similar crappy wireless solution. If you can (don't need it), disable the Bluetooth support.

...S

idata
Community Manager

Thank you, N. Scott Pearson for your contribution.

ack787, as Scott mentioned, this doesn't seem to be an Intel® Compute Stick, the product you have comes with two USB ports, meanwhile, the Intel® Compute Stick that compares to the product you have comes only with one USB port.

http://ark.intel.com/products/86612/Intel-Compute-Stick-STCK1A32WFC Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

I would suggest following Scott's recommendations, in case you keep on having issues, I would recommend contacting the place of purchase or to look for the correct manufacturer of the product.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JC
idata
Community Manager

Hello ack787,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you solved the issue or if you contacted the system manufacturer?

Best Regards,

JC
ACarr11
Beginner

I haven't been able to try it yet still busy working for a couple more days then I will have time to try it out.

idata
Community Manager

Hello ack787,

Thank you for the update. Please let me know here how it goes.

Best Regards,

JC
idata
Community Manager

Hello ack787,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Best Regards,

JC