Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AuliaF
Black Belt

Intel DnX Driver Doesn't work

I'm following this tutorial https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-the-bios-on-joule IoT - Flashing the BIOS | Intel® Software but Intel DnX driver doesn't work, any help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Brendan_L_Intel
Employee

Have you booted correctly in DNX mode by holding the DNX boot button? In case you haven't already reboot your PC, unplug the Joule and make sure it's powered by a suitable 2A+ 12V powersupply.

AuliaF
Black Belt

Yes, already powered with external power and holding DNX boot button, still recognized as other devices

Brendan_L_Intel
Employee

It might be worth trying USB2 ports (if you're using USB3 ports or vice versa) or another windows box if you have access to one just to rule that out.

AuliaF
Black Belt

try on other PC and same result

AuliaF
Black Belt

try manually install FlashUsbDriver-1.0.0.exe under the folder Joule_BIOS_2016-08-11-A16\BIOS_A16\DNX-dldrcli\installer\

It's Working now, I don't know either this is the real solution for this problem or not, but after installing and restart, my Joule work,

and all the instruction on documentation also working,

now try programming using Intel XDK

idata
Community Manager

I don't seem to be able to get the DnX driver to install under device manager.

I tried this:

try manually install FlashUsbDriver-1.0.0.exe under the folder Joule_BIOS_2016-08-11-A16\BIOS_A16\DNX-dldrcli\installer\

No joy

idata
Community Manager

OK so now when i plug in the dev board, device manager sees the Intel DnX Device. But when I run the flash.bat script i get "access denied". Unlike the pics in the manual I only have the one LED on the right hand side of the board lit up. The four LED's above the 50 pin header are not lit up. Only the flash connection is plugged in.

AuliaF
Black Belt

1. Connect usb type c to joule (but dont connect yet to host/laptop)

2. Press dnx boot button (hold until step 4)

3. Insert power supply 12V 2A

4. Insert usb type c to host/laptop

5. Run flash.bat

idata
Community Manager

faqsun:

i tried doing it in your order. Still no joy. The 4 lights above the header never come on. Plus the manual never talks about or shows connecting the power. After step 3 should I wait until the 4 lights come on (they don't even holding down the button for quite a while.)

AuliaF
Black Belt

You can try connecting monitor to micro HDMI port to show what exactly running by Joule,

Or try open putty, serial connection, set the COM, set 115200 baud, keep putty open

In my experience :

1. Joule with no external power supply will cause device keep restarting

2. 4 led lights on is normal state (OS is running)

3. 1 led light on is dnx boot state