Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAsho1
New Contributor I

Intel Edison + 1.5" Color OLED using SPI - SSD1351

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get 1.5" color OLED working which uses SPI with controller - SSD1351

The Sparkfun .66" OLED works fine but uses their own version of SPI library implementation.

I also found this item which is exactly I am looking for. But this says the SPI data rate is very slow...

https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/issues/34 UPM driver for SSD1351 OLED display · Issue # 34 · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub Is there a new kernel update coming up which will fix the SPI data rate?I also found several issues reported related to SPI. Hope to get some information on how to go about it.If someone has got this OLED working, do let me know.
1 Solution
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sukesh,

We don't have this device with us to test it, but it's true that some issues have been reported regarding SPI, including a slow data rate. These issues are known and are being worked on, hopefully a solution will become available in a future release but there's no a specific date or time frame.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sukesh,

We don't have this device with us to test it, but it's true that some issues have been reported regarding SPI, including a slow data rate. These issues are known and are being worked on, hopefully a solution will become available in a future release but there's no a specific date or time frame.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

View solution in original post

SAsho1
New Contributor I

Not a positive response at all when the next Yocto update timeline is unknown...

Is it going to be updated at all? SPI issues are reported quite widely from a long time... so please check when there would be an update and a fix.

My project (prototype) is blocked due to this issue...

GPS - working

IMU (9axis) - working

OLED - blocked

Is Yocto the suggested OS platform for production?

Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sukesh,

Unfortunately, there's no ETA for this update, that's why I can't provide a specific date.

I've been searching in the Community for SPI threads related to your issue, and found this . I'm not sure if you already read that, but you might find some tips/workarounds for your project.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

SAsho1
New Contributor I

Thank you PabloM_Intel

I have escalated to Intel to see find more help...

Thanks for your help

SAsho1
New Contributor I

More details and current solution on this thread.