Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9882 Discussions

Intel Edison Arduino board with SimpleWebServerWiFi sketch

CChen151
Novice

Hi,

I am working on Intel Edison Arduino board. When I execute SimpleWebServerWiFi sketch, I didn't see the response. Could anyone please help?

Test steps

1. Change port to 70 in sketch

WiFiServer server(70);

2. Change SSID and password in sketch

3. Upload SimpleWebServerWiFi sketch. Check serial monitor.

4. Go to browser and type 192.168.2.64. No response.

Thanks.

9 Replies
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Which Arduino IDE are you using?

And which image do you have in the board? (run configure_edison --version in the Terminal Console)

If you change the port number in the line WiFiServer server(70); you must access in the web browser to yourIP:70

In your case would be 192.168.2.64:70

Kind regards,

Charlie

CChen151
Novice

Hi Charlie,

My Arduino IDE is 1.6.5.

I type port # in the end of ip address. It seems still not to be working. Please advise if I miss anything...

Thanks,

HY

CChen151
Novice

Hi Charlie,

I download the image from the following website.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads IoT - Intel® Edison Board Download | Intel® Developer Zone

The file's name is "edison-image-ww25.5-15.zip"

I use PUTTY and use the command "configure_edison --version". It shows "incorrect input".

Thanks,

HY

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Let's try flashing the image with the https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/flash-tool-lite-user-manual Flash Tool Lite or with the /docs/DOC-25154 flashall script

Then run the command configure_edison --setup , after you have set the WiFi with your board write the IP address of the board (This just to be sure you are using the right IP address). Then try again with the same command configure_edison --version and also with the sketch. Let us know the outcome of this.

Regards,

Charlie

CChen151
Novice

Hi Charlie,

I tried flashall script. It seems not work for me. I unzip the file to C:\Intel_edison_flash folder. I also put dfu-util.exe file inside that folder. After I execute flashall.bat in command line (I connect the Intel Edison Arduino board to PC after I execute flashall.bat), it shows error message. Please advise if I miss anything.

Thanks,

HY

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Let's try to flash the board with the Flash Tool Lite: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/flash-tool-lite-user-manual IoT - Flash Tool Lite User Manual | Intel® Developer Zone

Regards,

Charlie

CChen151
Novice

Hi Charlie,

It seems flash tool lite doesn't support my PC. I am using Windows Vista...

I did install it to my PC but no luck.

Thanks,

HY

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Is there a way you could flash the board using another PC? I think the main issue could be related with the image in the board because you are using an old one. When the board ends the boot process should show something like:

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 1.7.2 edison ttyMFD2.

Are you able to run configure_edison --wifi and configure_edison --password? Run these commands and check the IP address of the board, then try again with the Arduino sketch.

Regards,

Charlie

CChen151
Novice

Hi Charlie,

I use another PC with Windows 7 installed. Arduino sketch works after I flash the image with Flash Tool Lite.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

HY