cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MZava
New Contributor I

Intel Edison CE certification according to RED directive

I know this has been asked previously.

No public answer has been given, could you please clarify?

We're just about to lauch a product based on Edison.

Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi mzavatta,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Edison™ Platform.

We will be updating the Edison module to comply with the RED directive. Edison will be in full compliance with the RED directive by June 13, 2017.

We apologize for not publishing this information before.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
MZava
New Contributor I

Hello,

thank you for your response.

Will there be a new SKU for the RED-compliant Edison?

How will the RED-compliant Edison be managed by distributors for orders placed before and after June 13, and what about the modules already in stock?

Regards

idata
Community Manager

Hi mzavatta,

At the moment the information that I provided is the only that the we are aware of. Please let me ask around to see if there are any updates regarding this subject.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

Hi mzavatta,

I just received an update regarding your inquiries:

In compliance with the RED (Radio Equipment Directive – 2014/53/EU), inventory located within the EU on June 13, 2017 may be sold as is. Units shipped into the EU after June 13, 2017 will be compliant with the new RE Directive. So as to not impact your production plans, we would like to connect you with a sales person to ensure your unit needs are incorporated into our transition plan. Would you like us to connect you with an Intel sales representative?

We will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
MZava
New Contributor I

Hello,

yes, that would be very useful. You can use the email in my profile or send a private message here.

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hi mzavatta,

As you requested, we have just sent you a Private Message.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
MZava
New Contributor I

Hello,

Any news about RED directive compliance?

I see no update on the regulatory documentation.

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hi mzavatta,

According to Jose's post, you should not have any issues with the Edison modules because of this directive.

In compliance with the RED (Radio Equipment Directive – 2014/53/EU), inventory located within the EU on June 13, 2017 may be sold as is. Units shipped into the EU after June 13, 2017 will be compliant with the new RED Directive.

However, I've checked the CE Declaration of Compliance which is available in this site https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-edison-boards/000006295.html Important Regulatory Information for Intel® Edison Compute Modules and it hasn't been updated with the 2014/53/EU directive which corresponds to the Radio Equipment Directive (RED). The latest update was on February 28th, 2017.

I'll let the proper team know about this so the CE Declaration of Compliance can be updated accordingly. Although, I don't have an exact time frame for this update, I hope it's done as soon as possible.

I'll post here any updates I receive about this topic.

Regards,

Diego V.
CAmma
Beginner

Hi Diego,

as you may suppose, we are integrating this radio module into our device. Since we are going to certify our product for selling in EU, we need to know when the documents (reports, declaration of compliant etc), according to RED (2014/53/EU), will be ready.

Please, also consider that the new directive is already in force by the 13th of June.

Let us know.

Kind regards,

CA.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Cammatuna,

You're correct and I'm aware of the importance of the declaration of compliance to be updated. I already informed about this to the development team so they can update the documentation accordingly. Actually, I've been following up with them to see if there are updates, however I haven't received any yet.

There is not an ETA about when this will be ready, but I'll keep checking for updates so I can keep you informed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Diego V.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Cammatuna and mzavatta,

I've just received an update from the development team. They are currently working on this and expect to have the updated Declaration of Conformity published in July 2017.

Regards,

Diego V.
MZava
New Contributor I

idata
Community Manager

Hi guys,

Please see the announcement for more details: .

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RKali2
Novice

Hi,

may I assume RED declaration of confirmity for Edison will be still published in July'17?

Regards,

Robert

idata
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

Like Diego mention before: " They are currently working on this and expect to have the updated Declaration of Conformity published in July 2017.", at the moment there are no updates.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RKali2
Novice

Hi, Are there any updates? Best Regards Robert