Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel Edison Ecplipe C++ C11 support

In my project, I find the "__cplusplus" MACRO is 199711L.So I can not use new functions in C11. Any solution?

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello shadox,

What are you trying to achieve? Why do you need C11?

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Peter,

I want to use the C11 standard multithread Library like "Thread","Mutex","Future". I know I could achieve those by using the Posix Threads.I just want to try doing this using the C++ standard Library as the version of gcc/g++ compiler in Edison in beyond 4.9,It should support C11.

Shadox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

I understand, let me do some tests and a little bit of research and I'll get back to you.

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi perter,

Here I am looking forward to your answer.

shadox

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

I found in https://software.intel.com/en-us/eclipse-for-iot-troubleshooting-and-faq# How_to_set_C++11 Eclipse* for Intel® IoT Platforms Troubleshooting and FAQ how to set C++11 on Eclipse, have you tried the steps found there?

In case it doesn't work, could you share your code to see if we can replicate the issue?

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have tired(my OS is OS X EL Capitan),but did not help.This just set the compile flag while the preprocessor Macro "__cplusplus" is still 199711L.The Eclipse IDE just can not get the right code.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Besides the steps in the FAQ. I add a preprocessor macro below, which solve the problem ╮(╯▽╰)╭

0 Kudos