Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Edison OTG port not recognized

Hi all, I'm new to Intel Edison. I've installed the IntelEdisonDriverSetup1.2.1, I think it enough to PC recognize my board. But when I plug the board to my PC, with the Console port it show FT231X, with OTG port it show MERRIFIELD. I try to reinstall Intel Edison driver, update my Win10. Now, Console port is recognized as USB serial PORT, but OTG port is still not recognized. I don't know why. It's normally with my friend's PC. Thanks you guy for any help and sorry for my poor English!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Trung,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Edison board.

Are you having this issue on the Edison Arduino kit or the mini breakout board?

Regards,

Octavian
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm using the Intel Edison board with Sparkfun block. OTG port is normal with my friend's PC, so he run flashall.bat on my board. After that, I could use OTG port on my PC. But today, it show MERRIFIELD again. Do you have any idea? Thank you too much for your concern!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Trung,

Thank you for your reply.

Merrifield is the default name that will appear in Device manager once you plug in the board. After that the drivers should automatically install and you should it as RNDIS or Edison instead of Merrifield.

It's possible the drivers weren't installed on your PC. In which case please make sure you have installed the RNDIS and FTDI and DFU drivers as it states in this guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-windows-32-step2# drivers

You can download the RNDIS driver from here: http://www.driverscape.com/download/rndis

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Octavian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Trung,

Do you require any more assistance with this issue?

Regards,

Octavian
0 Kudos