Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel Edison corrupted flash

I was flashing my intel edison like the instructions here say and I think I might have disconnected the cable before it finished flashing and it somehow corrupted the edison drive. Now when I connect my edison the drive shows up but it has no space its an empty folder and If I try to copy anything to it it says it is a read only file system and has no space left. How do I fix this? I am now stuck at linux image version 56 and cannot update.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
1 View

Re: Intel Edison corrupted flash

don't know what "like the instructions" is. "flashall --recovery" should do the trick. No need to copy anything onto Edison manually - the script will take care of this via "dfu-util". Pls check this forum for "flashall" for more info on that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

I followed this instructions: /docs/DOC-23200# jive_content_id_Step_3__Download_the_latest_image https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-23200# jive_content_id_Step_3__Download_the_latest_image

I ran flashall --recovery then flashall and now it gets stuck while booting at this stage:

U-Boot 2014.04 (Oct 14 2014 - 15:19:04)

Watchdog enabled

DRAM: 980.6 MiB

MMC: tangier_sdhci: 0

In: serial

Out: serial

Err: serial

Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0

Target:ifwi

Partitioning already done...

Partitioning already done...

Saving Environment to MMC...

Writing to MMC(0)... done

GADGET DRIVER: usb_dnl_dfu

Highlighted
Honored Contributor II
1 View

That looks a little like if the recovery part succeeded but the one with the OS image itself (flashall without arguments) hasn't.

Was it reporting the status at that second part? It should have taken about 3-5 minutes to run through it, was that the case?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 View

note: you'd have to run flashall twice (if using an unmodified script): first with "--recovery" and second without option (2nd time would reboot twice and take about 5 min)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

I figured it out, you have to run flashall with superuser permissions for it to work, flashall --recovery doesnt care but if I don't run flashall with sudo it won't work/

Highlighted
1 View

as mentioned a couple of times in this forum

Highlighted
Honored Contributor II
1 View

Yeah, that was exactly what I suspected, thus my question about how long it took - when not run as root it just zaps through really fast without doing anything.

0 Kudos